+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Haemorrhoids, help

Hi, just after some advice on hemorrhoids. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and am lucky enough to have developed quite a big hemorrhoid.
    I don't really want to go to the doctors for it to be looked at so was wondering what other mamas have done to get rid of them or at lest shrink them in size.
    Thanks

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Poke em back inside and rest Gloria Lemay has a small article about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Speak to the pharmacist, embarrassing I know. I developed one during 2nd pregnancy and after pushing her out it became more uncomfortable to sit down. I bought anusol over the counter, plus keep fluid levels up and don't strain on the toilet so plenty of fresh fruit and veg.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Haemorrhoids, help

Lots and lots of water, fresh fruit, don't strain and press on the area with a cloth soaked in witch hazel a few times a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Proctosedyl - can get it over the counter at the chemist, fine to use during pregnancy. Don't strain when going to the loo, you could try flushable wipes which won't be as harsh on the area as normal loo paper....

Hope it goes away, but don't be surprised if it comes back when you give birth!!

Good luck

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Anusol, Panadol, fibre, and flushable wipes. Good luck, it's nasty business isn't it?!

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews

Mine had a clot in it, so the Dr had to nick it to let it out... He also recommended Elma cream 30 mins before going to the toilet, a stool softener, heaps of fresh fruit, and a step for the toilet for my feet. Good luck! They're horrible

Thanks
    Reviews

Proctosedyl... Awesome stuff! I had big ones after giving birth, and the stuff was great! Keep it in the fridge for extra relief

Thanks
    Reviews

Hope you feel better soon !!! They are the worst I had them all through my pregnancy and the water advice is very good also prunes !! I'm serious , prunes are the bomb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Proctosedyl and drink water etc as pp have said