+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thankyou, missie_mack for elaborating on my point that engorgement is only a problem if you make milk.

As NanaK mentioned, fenugreek can boost supply for some women, but it may also do sod all. Same for motillium, oats, and ABA counsellors. All worth a try though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It may be rare, but it can happen. I am glad that you feel happy ffing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappyboo View Post
    It's really interesting to hear all your similar experiences.. Thank you

I agree if I had of kept trying & went to see a lactation consultant etc my milk may or may not of came in but i didn't want to see my baby in distress or put lots of pressure on myself as i wasn't long living in Australia before I got pregnant & had no family/friends around through my pregnancy & afterwards while adjusting to been a mum.

So in the end my DD took brilliantly to the formula, she's a great feeder & sleeper & is such a happy little girl.
    I'm glad you are happy
    Bf is hard especially with no support. But yes it's hard to say whether you would have had supply issues, bf when you first have bub is the hardest, trying to get baby to latch, the pain, bringing in milk (which doesn't happen for a while for some) trying to pump out milk/colostrum.
    But you definately have to be bfeeding bub round the clock to bring milk in, it's hard work when they're newbies and takes maybe 3months in my case more to get some kind of supply going.