+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would spend some time in the schools you are interested in. I'm a firm believer in Montessori, I went to one when I was young before transitioning to main****** schooling. However I went to our nearest one when I was looking for a kindy for DS1 and I didn't like their interpretation or believe the way they ran their school would have suited him. At the end of the day all schools of whatever philosophy have a "personality" and you need to decide what's the best fit for your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

If any of you are interested in the topic, this video by Sir Ken Robinson on 'Do schools kill creativity?' is really interesting, it also delves into the need for strong creativity for our children's futures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Early childhood education

Steiner aims to prepare kids for a mature life. Natural materials for games, vegetable gardens, and in some cases chickens to care for and to collect eggs for baking are used. Of course, they not only learn how to cook, paint, garden and use important things. They explore their environment, learning sharing, cooperation and social skills.

Montessori is a child-centred approach that relies on several principles. The aim of a Montessori method is to develop a wide-sided personality that includes the development of physical, social, emotional and cognitive abilities. The job of the teacher is to open each child’s full potential. The main principle: "Follow the child"

Kids Collective