+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What's your baby eating for dinner tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    What fruit are you offering?
    Banana, blueberries, rock melon whatever we have in the fridge. Last night was black grapes oh dear not good. I just don't know what to give her after dinner now. The bananas make her go crazy so we limit that to mornings haha

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Banana, blueberries, rock melon whatever we have in the fridge. Last night was black grapes oh dear not good. I just don't know what to give her after dinner now. The bananas make her go crazy so we limit that to mornings haha
    Grapes will be the worst offender, they absorb what they are sprayed with so no amount of washing will clean them, my son use to go hypo, picture a chipmunk on coffee x100 if he had them. Have a look at this website

http://fedup.com.au/factsheets/suppo...od-intolerance

Eta I'm not sure on blueberries but they seem pretty similar to grapes.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 28-01-2013 at 18:00.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

DS had ravioli pasta (store brought) with homemade bolognaise sauce. A bit of yoghurt, grapes & raspberries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Grapes will be the worst offender, they absorb what they are sprayed with so no amount of washing will clean them, my son use to go hypo, picture a chipmunk on coffee x100 if he had them. Have a look at this website

http://fedup.com.au/factsheets/suppo...od-intolerance

Eta I'm not sure on blueberries but they seem pretty similar to grapes.
    O.m.g ... thank you so so much for this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My toddler had- Curry sausages with mash, rice and steamed veggies!
    My bub had mash, rice and zucchini. I wasn't keen on giving him sausage just yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My 10mo is having steamed veg rice and boiled chicken breast..

Still scared to add flavours for some reason.. Mum drilled that into me. No salt or sugar or he won't eat anything else she says

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post

Still scared to add flavours for some reason.. Mum drilled that into me. No salt or sugar or he won't eat anything else she says
    Add some olive, coconut or flax seed oil to his veggies and add sliced garlic and ginger and fresh coriander (or any herb) to the chicken when its cooking - not only will these things get him used to wonderful fresh flavours but they are also healthy and full of antioxidants

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Not sure yet. I just cooked up a heap of things to last the next few weeks. Maybe coconut chicken. She seems to like that one

But I want to come to some of your houses for dinner. Especially as its nearly 5 here and I just realise I forgot to get anything out of the freezer before we went out this morning! Oops.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post

She's not wrong as far as sugar and salt go! When my DD1 was that age she would still eat a variety of flavours, but I never added salt (she's 10 and I still don't!) As a bub and then toddler though, she loved mild curries, garlicky bolognese, cinnamon in egg custards and on stewed fruit, cumin in avo mash etc

My DD2 has just started solids, dinner was puréed pumpkin and sweet potato, which was a big hit OP, one tip my friend gave me was to check out all the commercial foods for what flavours they have, then make your own version

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    O.m.g ... thank you so so much for this!!
    No worries

13. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (28-01-2013)