+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling Scared & Worried

I'm 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant, yesterday I started to have some bleeding - it was bright red (no cramping at all) so I went to the hospital (might I add I was out of town at the time) after 4 hours at the hospital and being butchered by the Dr trying to take my bloods (3 times it took her) anyway she came in after the results were back and told us that yes we were pregnant and that all was fine (she did not give me an internal examination at all), she also gave me a letter to take to my Dr which say that I have likely miscarried - I don't understand why she would tell me one thing and have something different in the letter? When I got home from the hospital I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I had 2 large clots, I've been bleeding since and have had some tissuey mucusy looking stuff on the toilet paper I'm so scared right now as this is my first pregnancy and it has taken my husband and I 3 years to get pregnant.

Shan...xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww hunny! The uncertainty of it all really is the worst feeling. I would go to the doctor in a day or two to find out where your hormone levels are at. That way you can know for sure what is going on. Its odd that she would say things are fine and then give you a letter saying that you have miscarried. The only way to know for sure is to track your hormone levels or get an ultrasound.

I dont know what it feels like to miscarry after 3 years of trying but I do know what it feels like to miscarry your first baby. Do whatever you need to do to get through this and hopefully you can find out for certain either way very soon. Be kind to yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,

im sorry that you are going through this. Yes, you have experienced some worrying symptoms but you and your partner have done everything that you can do. Yes, mc is a real possibility but go to your gp as soon as possible and come up with an action plan, which may or may not involve an internal ultrasound.
    Keep the channels of communication open between you and your partner open as in times of distress it's easy to push loved ones away. Let us know how it goes, and if the worst has happened there is a section on the forum specifically for pregnancy loss which may offer some comfort when trying to process the feelings of loss. For you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a Dr's appt this morning to see whats going on, I am hoping that everything is fine! I have since stopped bleeding from my last post, just a small amount of brown stuff on the toilet paper - not even enough to wear a pad or panty liner so I a taking this as a positive sign.

Shan...xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    for your app today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling Scared & Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Shan1781 View Post
    I've got a Dr's appt this morning to see whats going on, I am hoping that everything is fine! I have since stopped bleeding from my last post, just a small amount of brown stuff on the toilet paper - not even enough to wear a pad or panty liner so I a taking this as a positive sign.

Shan...xoxox
    Good luck with ur appointment x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still no answers, I've been probed and punchered all over! the lady that done my ultrasound today was lovely and reasured me that it is quiet normal not to see anything on the ultrasound before the first 6 weeks, soooo back to the Dr's tomorrow to get the results from the blood test I had today and I am off work for the rest of the week! Absolutely NO brown stuff - clean toilet paper

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep it is normal Waiting really sucks though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back to the Dr's in about 15 minutes hoping that my bloods come back in great shape

Thanks
    Reviews