+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I think this is a bit like the feminist label, people seem confused about what being an AP parent is, it's about responding to your babies needs and cues.

Darla most AP parents feel that way sometimes, it's natural
    But don't those who are not "AP" respond to their babies too? I know I don't ignore my babies cues or needs. Not starting an argument just curious what you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am a slacker parent ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    I am a slacker parent ...
    Why do you say that?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    But don't those who are not "AP" respond to their babies too? I know I don't ignore my babies cues or needs. Not starting an argument just curious what you mean?
    IMO that's what an AP parent is, someone who responds to their baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Cant find link as on phone but I am a " slacker mom" .. Google it .. Also a great book !!

Thanks
    Reviews

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Labels are for clothes not parenting IMO

i do the best I can for my family, I wear my baby a lot, I sometimes co-sleep (although with 3 kids in the bed I don't sleep much - funny that!), I feed/ rock/cuddle to sleep, I don't like CC or CIO but I did it with my twins. I also don't judge anyone else for what they do or don't do. I reckon we judge ourselves enough as parents, don't need to do it to anyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I call myself a hippie parent as a joke. But I think instinct parent is probably more accurate. I parent based on what I *think* needs to happen. Its paid off for me. I have awesome kids if I do say so myself.
    I think labels are more reflective of reserch categories than real life. I breasfeed, co-sleep ( much my older generations disgust it seems- never worried them with the other three) baby wear, walk within the township... am pro modern medicine... eat organic... actually drive a car if I need to go somewhere, actually I drive a big car that uses alot of petrol- probably hence my reasoning to walk when I can... send my kids to school rather than home school.
    One of my best friends is almost opposite. bottle fed from birth, uses the pram, uses the car as much as she can ( but jeez she lives 20 odd k's from town - of course she's nto going to walk) I think she did CC, baby sleeps apart as soon as its out. eats organically as much as she can... etc etc. Doesn't stop us being friends, because quite frankly she's an awesome person and anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot
    She parents to suit her family, I parent to suit mine... thats all there is to it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggermum For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    IMO that's what an AP parent is, someone who responds to their baby.
    Oh ok, well I can assure you I definately respond to my baby. He is never ever left to cry He doesn't sleep with me, I don't use a baby carrier (but I do carry him around with my arms lol) and I bottle feed.

Thanks
    Reviews