+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsreed View Post
    Put another way, can we expect her to start doing four week old things next week or in another 4 weeks? I don't want to wait another month to see her smile!!
    thanks
    Just adding to what everyone else has said - 37 w + 5 days is considered term but something to consider is that not all babies follow the milestone schedule! Only one of my four smiled at four weeks. DS (born at 40 weeks) didn't smile until past 8 weeks (solemn little fellow he was!).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Developmental milestones in baby born at 37 weeks

Great. His is hat I thought just wanted clarification. Thanks for putting my mind at ease everyone. Very excited for her to start "doing stuff" soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsreed For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Just adding to what everyone else has said - 37 w + 5 days is considered term but something to consider is that not all babies follow the milestone schedule! Only one of my four smiled at four weeks. DS (born at 40 weeks) didn't smile until past 8 weeks (solemn little fellow he was!).
    So true!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Developmental milestones in baby born at 37 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsreed View Post
    Great. His is hat I thought just wanted clarification. Thanks for putting my mind at ease everyone. Very excited for her to start "doing stuff" soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub
    Yes it's nice even they start 'doing stuff'. I was holding my friend's DD (3 weeks old) and trying to make her smile. Forgot it was a bit early