+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weaning to bottles

Hi everyone, just need a bit if advice.

Due to emotional reasons, I'm strongly considering changing my 1 week old ds to formula.

Just wondering how you do it, after just a week? ie. with your breasts still getting used to supply and being all engorged a lot of the time.
    Also, I don't own a breast pump.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews

Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Every second feed give bub formula. Do this for a day or so. As for your boobs, don't touch them, avoid warm/hot showers/baths this stimulates more more. Let them get really full then do one big express completely drain both breasts. Don't touch them for another 24 hours. You may need to hire a pump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh and get yourself a cabbage. Place cabbage leaves over the breasts it helps with the pain and inflammation. Keep up with panadol and ibobrufen too if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok thank you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RubySunrise For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySunrise View Post
    Ok thank you
    Your welcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    You may also want to see you GP - they can give you something to dry up your supply. A friend had to do this at 2 weeks as she was having surgery and going to be on medication harmful to her baby. I don't know what it was she was given, but seem to recall she had to take a tablet for three days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    You may also want to see you GP - they can give you something to dry up your supply. A friend had to do this at 2 weeks as she was having surgery and going to be on medication harmful to her baby. I don't know what it was she was given, but seem to recall she had to take a tablet for three days.
    Most drs won't give anything these days. Not saying they don't just that many don't anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Most drs won't give anything these days. Not saying they don't just that many don't anymore
    Mine wouldn't either. It's a big no no hit I went and had a hot shower a few times a day as expresses by hand a little and by week 1 I was completely fine. I never had any pain doing it this way.

No sure about switching though sorry as we had to go cold turkey due the medical reasons and DD HATED it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Mine wouldn't either. It's a big no no hit I went and had a hot shower a few times a day as expresses by hand a little and by week 1 I was completely fine. I never had any pain doing it this way.

No sure about switching though sorry as we had to go cold turkey due the medical reasons and DD HATED it.
    That's good to know. Thanks.
    Yea, I would prefer not to take medicine.