+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Can't sleep... Too windy!

Anyone else in qld/nsw not able to sleep because of this crazy wind. I am very thankful we have not been seriously damaged by it but I'm laying in bed trying to sleep and I keep thinking a window is going to blow in or something. Dd's trampoline has already been relocated. Anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Can't sleep... Too windy!

I am winding down from work but the wind is quite loud so will most likely have a bit of trouble sleeping. Watching a dvd so its kinda drowning out the wind noise but the wind atm is louder than the tv.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm putting off going to bed as the wind is making me a tiny bit nervous, as our house is in the path of quite a few very large trees.

Last night, my partner couldn't sleep properly due to fear of tornadoes!

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    yup .. I'm awake ..

I struggle with storms - and this one is a doozy ...

I wish they would just say that the tornado threat is over in this area .. this area .. and this area (but that probably wont say that due to legal issues if one then happens) ...

I dont think I'll sleep much tonight at all I keep waiting for the roof to lift ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    aahhh the irony .. I made that post - and the ad to the right of the thread was "receive an anxiety CD" ... funny ... sigh

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post

I dont think I'll sleep much tonight at all I keep waiting for the roof to lift ..
    I know what you mean. I was just (nervously) recalling the day that we got our new roof just under 3 years ago...and found that they had gone through a case of beer, before they finished. I sure hope they can handle their booze...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My partner and I were talking before about roofs lifting. Are tiled ones less likely to lift or does it not matter? I am more worried about falling trees, I think, anyway. Wish this weather would just finish up.

Even the cats look a bit anxious tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    I have a tree with a boganvillea wrapped around it, during wind the tree drops MASSIVE branches, last wind storm the branch took out part of a fence, I genuinely fear I will die during wind storms,

The owner of my house refuses to deal with it, claims the tree is not dangerous (until it crushes ds or I in our sleep :/ )

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    oh ick

its really hard to switch off from that sort of stress...

I openly loathe storms - rain I can deal with ... but wind .... wind is just nasty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Can't sleep... Too windy!

Yep am just up feeding bubs and am sure the wind has gotten worse.
    so glad we got rid of the big gum tree in our yard every storm I would have ds in our bed of fear that it come down on the house and his room was in its p path

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Can't sleep... Too windy!

We live right on a river that's pegged to flood, but I'm fairly sure it won't flood at our section.

The wind is freaking me out though, normally we can't even catch a breeze, but now it feels like we're about to depart for Oz.