+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Other half appreciation thread

I'm feeling really fantastic and seeing as the threads that made me feel amazing about my dp were asking for advice I thought I'd make a thread where we can appreciate our other halves. (Oh gooey pregnancy hormones are making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside tonight )

So my dp is pretty awesome. I mean he's a poo brain a lot of the time but he's amazing and really cute as well. Tonight I texted him (I'm a couple hours away visiting my dad and aunty and he's at home) and we were talking about us and he said that he 'doesn't believe in destiny but we seem too good together' one of the cutest things he's ever said to me ^____^. His communication skills are a little poo and I have to ask him a few (million) times to do some things, get frustrated and do it myself but there's just something about him that I just can't be mad at him, and he knows when he gives me the cute face that he gets away with it anyway! Wah. Haha.

So who else has the cutest other half, even if they bug you half the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My DP is cute, but mostly hilarious, he can make me laugh so easily and comes up with the weirdest jokes. We both have a similar random sense of humour I love it. I love how much he loves our DS, he has no problem bathing him or changing nappies he and talks to him all the time, I love how much he loves our dogs puts blankets over them when they are cold and kisses them goodnight. Ummm I love how he always gives me random kisses or says I love you. I love how he is a genuinely kind, honest and nice person!! Aww warm fuzzies right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Love my DH to bits! He drives me bonkers at times but couldn't be without him! Been together 6yrs but only married for just over a year! He helps me so much with DD! When we first brought her home he would wake when I was breast feeding and sit with me. I'd tell him to sleep but he said it was unfair that I had to be up so he should be up! He helps me through the night with bottle preparation even during the week when he has work! In the morning when DD and I go down stairs DH has sorted all the bottles. Made sure they are sterilised and filled. He sets up a nappy and nappy bag on the changed mat ready for me. Puts a bib and the remotes on the lounge arm for DD's first feed downstairs! He txts through the day to check on "his girls". Of a night he makes sure we have bottles upstairs, formula and the kettle upstairs is filled for heating the bottles! (We heat the bottles in a bowl of hot boiled water. People think we are weird. I don't like microwaves.)

Love the man to bits!!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

There are not enough words to praise my DP. He is gorgeous and gentle and kind and loving, my kids love him too and that speaks volumes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

There are so many things I could praise my DH for today, but my favourite at the moment is his patience and his ability to love. A thousand things could be going wrong and he will just stand there and look at me and I usually snap something like "what are you starring at!" And he always replies with something like "No matter what is happening around us, aslong as you and I are in this together- we are ok!". He is exceptional in crisis and is an amazing leader.

I also love that when others do wrong to him, he always forgives and loves them anyway. He has a big heart and is a true example of compassion!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My Dh...sometimes I am taken aback by his maturity, his willingness to tackle a difficult situation, his stance on matters of social justice. I do sometimes forget all of these things because he plays a lot of xbox games and can get impatient with the world and with *stupid* (he has no tolerance for stupid) but then these other qualities come shining through. In fact, I think they have even grown and developed since we got married...so they are like bonus points.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is also so special. We have been together 11 years and he still emails me every day from work with random internet cat photos that he thinks I would like. He cooks dinner ever day, still makes me tea, even though I'm very particular about how I like them made (tea bag out before you put the milk in), he loves our cats and pretty much every cat we meet that he walks various ways up to the shops to scout out the bet cat streets. He was so excited the time he found a rabbit that can be patted from the street!

He's also a fantastic Dad and is always making plans for the future for activities he wants to do with DD, places he wants us to go. He is very involved and asks me to send him photos of what we're doing during the day. He checks on her over night just so he can see how cute she looks when she sleeps.

He's also super supportive of me, both pre-pregnancy and now. If I tell him I've bought new clothes, he tells me he loves it when I look nice and that I should buy more.... always dangerous to say!

Thanks
    Reviews

Fantastic thread idea :-) I feel like I've bagged my hubby on here quite a bit lately just coz of how I've been feeling being heavily pregnant, which isn't his fault of course but he's the one who cops it. But he is truly the most amazing man. He's my number 1 fan and supports me in everything I want to do. He's not always the best at communicating emotional stuff in words and he's not affectionate towards anyone else but I get so many kisses, cuddles and "I love you" multiple times every single day. But my favourite thing at the moment is most mornings when he wakes up, he'll give my belly a kiss then cuddle me with his hand on my tummy and say "morning my girls"... Nawww :-) and he'll often tell me "she kicked me heaps last night after you went to sleep" with a proud as punch look on his face, like his little girl has just found a cure for cancer or something. He's going to be such a fantastic dad; one of my main excitements about having this baby in a few weeks is getting to see him getting to interact with her in person :-)

Also he is so quick to forgive me when I've had a hormonal snap and said something nasty to him; he knows how bad I feel so doesn't make a big deal of it and he just moves on.

Awwww I love threads like this, makes me really appreciate the wonderful man that I have :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

My DH is great, he makes me laugh always makes feel beautiful ( which can be difficult seeing as I'm pregnant and feel huge at times) cares for me, works hard so we can have a good life, gets along with my parents and friends, he's gorgeous and sweet and really just wants whatever is going to make me happy. Doesn't let me carry grocery bags anymore and always checks if I need anything while he is out or when he is on his way home. I know that no one is perfect and of course we fight at times and he sometimes makes me cry but he is the perfect man for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DH is awesome! I'm 15 weeks into my first pregnancy and with the exhaustion I've done eff all around the house lol. Even though he works insane hours up to Xmas (chef) and heaps of hours the rest of the time, he's taken on a lot of my share of things, put up with my hormones etc with minimal "man grumpies". I also have cared not one bit for "intimate time" since being pregnant lol (poor DH going from shags on demand for 9 months of ttc to nothing lol). We have been together for ten years and married for two. I remember at our wedding he was jus as excited as someone who'd only been with someone a short time! It made me love him in a whole new way! Since being pregnant, I am also beginning to love him in new ways. I can't wait to watch him be the awesome father that I know he will be! *pregnancy hormones mushy gushy vibes*
    Last edited by ToonZie; 29-01-2013 at 01:59.