+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovary and back pain post embryo transfer

Hi everyone, this is my first transfer on my third IVF/ICSI cycle, previously embryos stopped growing and had nothing to transfer. This time we had 2 morulas on D5 to transfer, they are 1 day behind where they are meant to be but .

My question is that I had transfer yesterday morning, today my ovaries particularly my left one (usually the more active one) and my back are quite sore. I had a booster pregnyl injection yesterday and just wondering if it could be from this.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had EPU wednesday and will be doing transfer tomorrow though have the same as you. Very sore right side of my tummy and ovary area I actually can see. Large bruise on my skin on my side, am guessing the did some digging while I was asleep! I did have more follicles on the right though. I have pain on the side of the right and also the back area. I also get a bit of pain when I have a full bladder. Not sure what it's from I suspected a kidney or bladder infection and asked a nurse the other day who said it was all normal though dosnt seem normal to me! Will ask my Fs tomorrow when I go in for transfer just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettypetal79 View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first transfer on my third IVF/ICSI cycle, previously embryos stopped growing and had nothing to transfer. This time we had 2 morulas on D5 to transfer, they are 1 day behind where they are meant to be but .

My question is that I had transfer yesterday morning, today my ovaries particularly my left one (usually the more active one) and my back are quite sore. I had a booster pregnyl injection yesterday and just wondering if it could be from this.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same after EPU but it went away after 2 days and pain only returned this afternoon about 24-30 hrs after transfer. I always get it after EPU but back pain is new and they don't touch ovaries during transfer.