+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving from single parent pension to partnered - help!

What is the process of moving from single parent pension to being partnered?
    I am moving in with my "boyfriend" in two weeks due to being pregnant and our decision to commit as a family and I am planning on telling centerlink on Tuesday when the offices open.

Would I be eligible for any sort of assistance if I am a full time student and not working as I also have a three year old and 24 weeks pregnant ?

my sons biological father (who is not my new partner) does not pay child support - even though he is supposed to and I've chased it up with child support and still get nothing from him - will my family tax benefit payments be different because he doesnt pay his child support?

Is there child care benefits for families where one partner is working full time and the other is full time study? We just can not afford $60-$80 a day in childcare fees on one income

So like I said, I am going into centerlink to inform them of my new circumstances which I will be moving in with my boyfriend in two weeks and being partnered, so I am sure I'll get the info then but can anyone tell me what their experiences were with this?

Tia

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

You should be able to get the partnered parenting payment depending on your dp's income. You should also still be eligible for the two days of child care with the child care rebate thing. As for everything else I'm not sure but they will tell you when you go in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Moving from single parent pension to partnered - help!

All your entitlements will be based on your family income. Your best bet is to head over to the centrelink site and use the estimators, enter your proposed details to get an idea of what you will be entitled to.
    Once you move in with your partner, you will need to notify centrelink within 2 weeks as well as apply for any partnered parenting payment/austudy or the likes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by HarvestMoon; 28-01-2013 at 07:38.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You will be eligible for parenting payment partnered, but like pp mentioned it depends on your DP's income. It won't be much if he has a moderate income. Not sure about the other things sorry, perhaps book an appointment and go in.

Thanks
    Reviews

You can get onto the centrelink website and run your numbers through their estimator/calculator should help you see what you will be entitled to!

I'm in the same boat as you, except we're waiting till the end of financial year to move in together (when I return to work PT as well as studying) DP has (what I consider to be) quite a low income, and when I do the estimation it says I'm not entitled to any parenting payment! :s
    I think there's nowhere near the support for partnered people as single people... Being single I can earn more, and still receive part pension and all the other things; if I'm partnered and don't work (and DP earns less than I usually do) we're entitled to a bit of FTB and less in childcare assistance...

All that said... Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    my sons biological father (who is not my new partner) does not pay child support - even though he is supposed to and I've chased it up with child support and still get nothing from him - will my family tax benefit payments be different because he doesnt pay his child support?

Tia
    Not 100% sure about your situation with CSA affecting your FTB but it did with mine after x-DH did his tax last year. CSA sent me out a new letter with a new rate. He earned more than estimated. We have a private agreement. We haven't changed the $ for that but my FTB has been cut a bit to coincide with what I "should" be getting from x-DH.