+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is your relationship like with your other half?

I didn't grow up with a father at all, so sometimes I wonder if my sense of what a relationship should be like is just in my head. I do wish dh would communicate more. Or when he's away to at least send a text occassionally especially to let me know he's there safe as I tend to worry. I just sometimes get the feeling I don't matter to him and that he does not think of me during the day which then worries me about our future once our 3 kids are grown up, do we have anything left iykwim

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Blatant truth?

My XH would call once the kids were in bed occasionally but never sent a text, even while overseas for work. He 'hates' to text apparently.

My DP and I are I constant contact all day everyday via text. We live 500kms apart and only see each other every 2nd weekend on average. Not a day goes by that we don't talk via text, he even plays online games and talks via Skype with my oldest son :-)

I need high contact. I don't think I'm high maintenance, rather that I'm quite laid back and easy going but I DO need that contact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't comment on how your partner could be or couldn't be feeling because I don't know enough. What is he like in general when he is home? How long does he work away for?

My dh works away, he used to do a month away and 2 weeks home but he changed positions and has a 12 days away and 9 days home roster since we had ds2. It works well, he texts during the day and rings at night and talks to us all. It doesn't feel like he is away sometimes. Dh and I have a good strong relationship and I know he loves us to the moon and back because not only does he tell me but it shows. It's just the way he is. Not all men are as open though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What is your relationship like with your other half?

He only goes away about once a month for the weekend. I don't expect constant contact,mainly just to let me know he arrived. But even during his working week occasionally in his lunch break to ring or send a text. We used to do that all the time now it's like he doesn't feel the need to.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Dp never texts me but will always text his stupid gamer mates. It's nothing personal, just that I'm not interesting to him no he's just not good with communication but he's getting better. I'm two hours away from him at the moment and, providing I initiate, he texts me and we have little conversations. Better than nothing lol.

We have a very strange relationship but to be honest, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've had plenty of opportunity over the past three years to have something most of my close humans around me would consider 'better' but dp is just so amazing and I can live with his downfalls because he's genuine and maybe a little bit oblivious at times, and all the good things about him outweighs his silly lies (seriously he lies about ridiculous stuff because he's used to getting in trouble??) and then there's his love affair with his computer... Well I'm learning to cope with that.
    It's all give and take and it took me years (five in fact and this happens to be the fifth year of us) to learn what's him and what's me being self conscious, insecure and over thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You should let him know you miss that, and ask him if he will text you from now on.
    In my experience men need to be told, they don't pick up on hints

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (27-01-2013),αληθη  (27-01-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 3ratbags View Post
    He only goes away about once a month for the weekend. I don't expect constant contact,mainly just to let me know he arrived. But even during his working week occasionally in his lunch break to ring or send a text. We used to do that all the time now it's like he doesn't feel the need to.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Ahh yes my dp used to do that then stopped. Turns out he stopped being bored and only texts me when it's a slow day lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started my relationship with DP long distance and we used to text all day and talk on skype or the phone at night. When he first moved here with me he used to text when he had to work away overnight. Now I get nothing unless I text him first. It does annoy me cause I love him and I get concerned. I dont think he loves me any less but the longer you are together, the more of these little things get lost and forgotten. Also I find guys are generally pretty hopeless at communicating.

I am one of those people that can deal with anything so long as I know what I am dealing with. I am laid back so long as there is communication. But guys just dont think like that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (27-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What is your relationship like with your other half?

Sometimes we text during the day sometimes we don't. When he's at work he can't have his phone on him so usually I'll just call him when I'm leaving work.

He always says goodbye before he leaves for work in the morning. When he's overseas visiting family if I don't go he'll text me and we'll talk every day.

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fionaalice View Post
    You should let him know you miss that, and ask him if he will text you from now on.
    In my experience men need to be told, they don't pick up on hints
    I have , a few times. His reason is...he doesn't like texting. I get that, but....he's not doing it for him, it's for me. One every couple days will totally make me feel special knowing he's thinking about me. I don't like gardening or watering but if it's something I know he likes to have done I do it. Ugh, I feel so needy.