+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1 follicle on day 5 measuring 11mm (help)

I am worried, just came back from my doctor and scan after 5d injections on menopur and gonal and have only 1 follicle measuring 11mm. This is my second ivf attempt with BFN on the first. Doctor says its up to me to continue but also advised that I should consider an egg donor given my age. Iam 41 years old. Anyone with any experience on this as my gut tells me to continue! I have been given 450IU menopur and 300 gonal today and am due back on Monday morning. DH thinks I should continue....am I making the right decision????

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It depends, if you feel that you could get a better amount of follicles if you cancel and try higher doses or not. I cancelledy first cycle with two follies but the choice is totally up to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi
    Just wondering what you ended up deciding.
    Personal circumstances are diff for everyone.
    I am 36, low response and on border line of low ovarian reserve.
    We decided to proceed on the 2follies. Only one fertilised and didnt make it to day two. Even with icsi we were not surprised as knew odds were against us. But we only need i good embryo and the odds are still higher than not giving it a go. ( weve beenseriously ttc for 8 years - 2nd time trying through ivf - gave it a few shorts years ago and had time off)
    Im about to start a flare cycle this round am have been on dhea. If we only get 2 this time we will proceed again.
    On follow up our clinic completely surprised us. We knew we'd get credit if didnt proceed to EP. But at review they said they had charged icsi direct to medicare, waved doctors fee for EP and crediting Oop expense of ivf fee for next round, due to outcome. How amazing. We dont have private cover and it meant down the track we could afford 1 more cycle if need be. Our Oop was not nearly as high as it could have been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you Allymumtobe and Sunshinebell for responding. I decided to go ahead with the one follicle. On day 3 after ER, had good results and it had fertilsed. Did transfer on 1 Feb and pregnancy test on 12 Feb. Unfortunately it was BFN...got my results today and am heart broken. Dont know if I can try again...

Good luck to you both in your endeavours ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you Allymumtobe and Sunshinebell for responding. I decided to go ahead with the one follicle. On day 3 after ER, had good results and it had fertilsed. Did transfer on 1 Feb and pregnancy test on 12 Feb. Unfortunately it was BFN...got my results today and am heart broken. Dont know if I can try again...

Good luck to you both in your endeavours ...

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm so sorry!! You can try again you are stronger than you think!! But feel free to take a cycle off. I'm sure your bfp is right around the corner xo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

yvn  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi yvn
    Just reading your post and thought i would give you some words of encouragement - If you feel it in your gut/heart then please do not give up! Like Allymumtobe said - maybe think about taking a little break, get a normal cycle going for a bit then try again, you need to get your head around all the emotions you are experiencing before diving back into the deep end again I have my fingers crossed for you and hope that you get your little miracle soon xx
    Last edited by hopefaithbelieve; 20-02-2013 at 10:10.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefaithbelieve For This Useful Post:

yvn  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its great to have words of encouragement from both of you Allymumtobe and Hopefaithbelieve. I will take your advice and take a break for two cycles and try again in April 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I got my bfp on my 4th round of IVF at 41 years of age (actually the month I turned 42). Good luck for your next round.
    I'll also add my egg numbers were never great and only ever got one frostie which did not thaw successfully.