+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimmie
    sorry to hear. My husbands cells all have the extra chromosomes too. So whichever that is- mosaic or non mosaic. Didnt read too much into it as all his cells are the same. He doesn't have many physical symptoms though. Docs look at him and don't believe he is klinefelters. Just hoping because he is still fairly young and doesn't look klinefelters that we find sperm again. He didnt grow up with any testosterone supplements either which being diagnosed early your son will have that option and you are aware so you have the opportunity in his teens to freeze sperm if there is any. The diagnosis finally explains some things about my husbands childhood, particularly adolescence

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually did some further research after your post and found an article on a study regarding whether non-mosaic Klinefelter syndrome men should be diagnosed as infertile and the conclusion was that the label should be re-evaluated. So definitely a chance for my DS - even a slim one which is better than what I'd read and been told before.

So glad I saw your post! Not sure why I didn't find any of this info before but very happy I went looking again.

As for your husband - I've seen other men who've been diagnosed later talk about how it explained a lot about their developmental years. I'm thankful we got an early diagnosis for our son so we can give him all possible assistance where needed.

When you talk about physical symptoms, are you meaning the belly etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimmie
    ive read that klinefelters are supposed to be tall (my husband is) but the rest of the physical symptoms like lack of hair, boobs, lack of muscles, my husband doesn't have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I've read that too. I guess your husband was able to produce enough testosterone to avoid those physical symptoms?

Sorry to have hijacked your post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I found this forum thread while searching for Klinefelter's syndrome online. Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for a few years. We started investigation this year into possible reasons why we've been unsuccessful. My husband was told that he had a very low sperm count and poor sperm motility. So we were told that it'd be unlikely that we'd conceive naturally and artificialy insemination would probably be an option for us. Then our doctor called us back and said she thought my husband might have Klinefelter's. We're waiting for test results. But naturally I've been googling like crazy to see what impact this might have on our hopes of baby-making. It's good to find a forum where this is being discussed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cuttlefish,
    There are possibilities. We just have more hurdles to leap than the average couple. Im about to start an ivf cycle with donor sperm as on our 2 nd biopsy they found no dperm to fertilise my eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, i am not sure if this thread is still active. I posted at the azoo thread. Keep looking for answers.

Freckless: from reading your post, it sounded like your DH had undescended testes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No he doesnt have undescended testis

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry. I must not be following the posts correctly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It has been a long time since this thread has been active but I just wondered if anyone is still out there going through this.

I'm not currently TTC but my partner has Klinefelter's and from what I have read it seems unlikely he can father children. Not sure whether he's mosaic/non-mosaic but when I mentioned it to my own doctor she went straight to the suggestion of donor sperm. I just wonder what the likelihood is of having his own biological children at some stage through IVF. Has anyone been through this? What is involved?

Also interested in the azo thread link if anyone out there still has it. Thanks