+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well dh had his TESA today. I am so proud of him he was so brave. I was more scared than he was, but im a big chicken. I could not believe it when the nurses came into recovery and said they found sperm!! They only did a trial biopsy, therefore only taking three needle aspirations so they dont have enough to freeze. Now its a waiting game for a few weeks until my period comes and goes so i can have an ultrasound to get checked out so we can start our first ivf cycle. It does mean that dh snd i will eventually have another TESA and i will have egg collection the same day so they can use fresh sperm. Im excited that we should hopefully both be able to make our own biological child but at the same time am starting to become scared about the process ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That is great news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Klinefelter's syndrome

Yay!!! Awesome news! You've found sperm! Woohoo!!! It's a long journey, but in some ways the hardest part is the initial diagnosis. You'll be ok, if you have any questions, just ask. I was worried about giving myself injections, but in the end it's not too bad. So chuffed for you guys xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Just trying not to stress too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update. We are due to begin our first round of IVF with ICSI soon. I have a scan next fri 22 feb and start the bcp the day after. Lets hope for a good round!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did your scan go? So exciting to be starting! Hope all is going well. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah the scan was all clear so thats good news. Hows everything for you ertgirl?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Freckles,
    Congrats on finding sperm, that's great!

I've got a question regarding your hubby's diagnosis. Do you know if he's mosaic xxy? Our son was diagnosed last year and we were told that as he wasn't mosaic then he'd have no sperm and is infertile. Saw your post and thought I'd ask!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimmie
    we were just diagnosed with klinefelters. The doc didnt mention about him being mosaic so we r assuming he's non mosaic. From what I've read non mosaic means its not all cells. But my husband doesn't look like a klinefelters. He doesn't seem to have many symptoms so maybe that has something to do with our luck. Sorry to hear about your son. How old is he?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 3 - nearly 4. My understanding is the opposite - mosaic basically means that not every cell in the body is affected which can mean the ability to produce sperm. Every cell tested for my son had the extra chromosome so he's non mosaic.
    I was hopeful reading your post that perhaps there still is a chance he could produce sperm.

Good luck with your IVF journey! Hopefully it happens quickly for you!