+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thinking about starting DS at daycare?

So as my eldest is starting kinder this year for 3 days a week, DP and I have been thinking about putting Ben into daycare for 2-3 days a week, and I've just found out I'm pregnant again so it would be a good help. Sam never went to daycare which I think might have something to do with why I'm so nervous about him starting school

Ben is very social and would probably get bored because Daddy works a lot and Mummy won't have as much energy to play with him soon, as well as having Sam not around, but I'm not sure how he would take it and I'm worried about putting him in and having him hating it.

Has anyone put their 2nd child into care or one after their first? Sam will be 2 at the end of March and is very outgoing and independent but he's never really stayed with anyone who's not family/close friends so I don't know how he'd go.

Any advice or am I just over stressing about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In my honest opinion, I really think that unless you HAVE to put them in childcare, like for work, then it's possibly better to wait until they're a teeny bit older. I'm going back to full time work in 9 days, and my 15 month old (2 in October) has to go to daycare full time. If I didn't have to go to work, my preference would have been to just wait until 3yo kinder and have her home with me until then.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

sophieisalive  (26-01-2013),SoThisIsLove  (26-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice =) I think we'll wait it out a bit longer for now. My boyfriend might be working based from home for a few months so that will help

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you need someone to watch Ben for a while just send him up to us the kids are really excited to be living 'on top of' sam and ben.

We will be starting 2 days/week sometime after bub is born but not sure when, Ill let you know when we decide

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Day care can be a great experience Don't feel like you need a "reason" to use day care, even 1 day a week a child can really benefit in the right environment. I was anti day care with my first 2. Come the 3rd and 4th I put them in 1 day a week and they really thrived, socially and emotionally I found work soon after and they went 3 days a week and they loved it. They don't go anymore, had to pull them out when I stopped working, could not afford it and they still ask to go. They miss it!