+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    What is c diff?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Colostridium difficile , it's a strain of bacteria that gets abbreviated to c.diff like we say 'staph' or 'strep'
    Good luck op, hopefully now they can treat it and you can keep some food inside you x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Yeah hopefully that's what it is, it's a much better option than IBS which has no treatment, or crohns, UC or ceoliacs which is treatable but you have for life.

Hopefully you're feeling better soon.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are definitely treatments - they are just not recognised in main****** medicine.

OP I hope this is treated swiftly for you and you can get back to bubs soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Colostridium difficile , it's a strain of bacteria that gets abbreviated to c.diff like we say 'staph' or 'strep'
    Good luck op, hopefully now they can treat it and you can keep some food inside you x.
    Oh never heard of it, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There are a lot of GIs that believe that IBS is just a term for, "I have no idea what that is". THere are so many different things that can cause those symptoms. Things like Coeliac - which on average takes health professionals 8-12 years to diagnose. Childbirth can trigger autoimmune diseases (which coeliac is). If I were you I would be asking for a referral to a GI and asking for a coeliac panel done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    There are a lot of GIs that believe that IBS is just a term for, "I have no idea what that is". THere are so many different things that can cause those symptoms. Things like Coeliac - which on average takes health professionals 8-12 years to diagnose. Childbirth can trigger autoimmune diseases (which coeliac is). If I were you I would be asking for a referral to a GI and asking for a coeliac panel done.
    Sorry, Just read your update, I hope they have figured out what it is. If you still have symptoms afterwards, I agree with Disbride, you should be getting tested for everything before being diagnosed with IBS. It is always the way they do things for some reasons! Always seems to be put in the "too hard" basket!