+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Faint Test lines on OPK

Hi, I'm new to BH and I am just starting TTC, I was on Implanon until mid Oct 2012, and I'm not sure if I'm ovulating yet. I've been testing daily (sometimes more) for the last 10 days and received the below results:

17/1 negative
    18/1 negative
    19/1 faint test line (tested 4 times this day - obsessed much?)
    10am 20/1 faint test line
    8pm 20/1 very faint test line
    21/1 negative
    22/1 negative
    23/1 negative
    24/1 negative
    25/1 negative
    26/1 negative

According to my fertility apps I was due to ovulate 21/1.

Every test line was only faint so I'm not sure if I ovulated as they say the line has to be as dark as the control line. Maybe my LH level wasn't high enough to ovulate.

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated lovely ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Are you only testing once a day?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, Some days I've tested once a day, other days (when there was a faint line) I tested more. My first cycle was 44 days, the second was 28.

Thanks for the replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    Do you know if you've had any cm?
    Sorry to butt in ... but with my girls I never had any CM... dry as the sahara desert

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies,

I haven't noticed any changes or anything really with CM.

I guess I just have to wait & see what happens in Feb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do you have lots of cheap opks?
    If i were you id test hourly (or as much as you can). Id say this cycle, if you DID ovulate the surge might have happened early in the morning of the 20th.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Indigo, I might buy another pack off ebay so that I'm in no danger of running out. Do you know if some are better than others?

Also any tips for taking the tests at work? As they're not mid****** it makes it a little more tricky.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm a bit the same. I have a DS and just started TTC this month. With my DS it took four months to conceive but I think our timing was off mists months, so we decided to use OPK tests this time round. Thing is, I never get a line that is darker than the test line and I have a 31 day cycle. I use Oracle Fertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oracle fertility ive heard good things about. I use Fertility2Family (cheaper), both from Ebay.

Another reason they may be light is that its recommended to wait 4hrs and test in the arvo, so testing multiple times a day might have opposite results to waiting all day and peeing in the arvo. My surge starts at night, continues all the next day and stops the morning after that. Though it did take me 12whole months of TTC after Depo before i got a positive OPK, i fell pregnant the month after that. Best of Luck, just keep trying, im sure you will catch it, then you will know when is the best time to test.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have the fertility2family at the moment, however I've noticed the last 2 days the control line is really light not normal. I'm wondering if maybe the tests have gone bad?

I'll take a look at ebay and see what the price comparison is for Oracle & Fertility2Family given I'm going to buy a lot