+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Can it really get any worse?

I seriously want to scream and cry until I can't scream and cry anymore!

My DS 33 months has been TT now since the start of Nevember. He was doing extremely well going both 1s and 2s on the toilet, only having the very occasional accident with 2s. He was even having his day sleep without a nappy and not having any accidents.

The last 3 days not once has he gone to the toilet. Worse still I just went into his room because he hasn't gone to sleep and the is no 2 everywhere and I mean everywhere, all over him, his bed, his floor, his door everywhere! He has no concept that no 2s are yucky, he always plays with his bum and pen*s as well. My husband and I have tried everything to get him to stop but nothing works.

I'm not sure how to tackle this. I can't cope with anymore mess around the house especially when he thinks he can paint within it :-( and the constant telling him not to play with his bits and pieces.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help..... I'm completely at my wits end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The more attention he get's (wether it is good or bad) the more he will probably continue to touch his bottom etc.

You have probably tried this already, but what about bribery.. tell him that if he can be a big grown up boy and use the potty/toilet you will buy him a ...... perhaps make up a reward chart.. you could give little rewards along the way for each time he does the right thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can it get worse? Absolutely! Poo painters are very creative with their poo expressionism artwork! My son was a poo painter (when he was 2 1/2) for approximately 3 months! Thankfully that's over with now. The walls will be needing a re-paint soon because the cleaning products have faded sections of the wall. His awesome rug ended up in the bin because I was sick of being in tears and gagging during pootastic clean ups, and then the number of toys I washed and the ones I just couldn't wash and had to discard were beyond a joke. I still look back at that time and wonder how we survived it.
    I didn't give him any negative attention during the phase in case this was what he was wanting, but turned out he was trying to be responsible and clean up, got it on his hands and then got boy distracted, tried to get it off his hands on well everything then added to the picture, or forgot about it and just played, smudging it everywhere. We started a poo chart, everytime he got a poo in the toilet he got a sticker, 10 stickers equalled a small prize, he's still working towards the "big prize" at the end of the chart. It had a rocky start but really does work a treat with consistency.
    Oh the relief of having him toilet trained... again!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Notably Nutty For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (26-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    LOL @ the poo painters!

Thanks
    Reviews

One of my boys was the same he used to spread it everywhere, only did it for a couple of months though. I am sure it was an attention thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine ate hers once. It was revolting. I could smell it on her breath. She was only a baby, not quite 1 year old. Horrible.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

My SIL advised me when the time comes to duct tape the nappy! Doesn't help if you're toilet training though

Thanks
    Reviews

Well we've gone back to nappies full time as he regressed to not using the toilet at all :-(

Has anyone had to put their LO back in nappies? How long did you leave them in nappies before you tried again?

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi markandsandy, I would think only a couple of months back in nappies. Dont get too stressed, you are not alone and he is not the only child to ever regressed with the tt. hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't relate to the poo playing and painting etc but it sounds terrible can imagine you wanting to go on screaming and screaming. I think if nappies are needed you just have to use them till you can figure out another plan and start TT all over again. Have you considered a chart like pp have suggested? Maybe something positive can start him trying again. How about getting your relatives' young kids to have a 'demo' cos younger ones always love copying older ones?