+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We planned for 2 and ended up with 3 and its a perfect suprise. My 3rd has completed our family . Although its hard because they are all young ( oldest just turned 4) we don't always give out our time equally , but they will grow up together and play and be friends . It feels right for us, we need more money though ha ha ha , our car is now too small ......but you just know when enough is enough i think .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many children?

We have 4 and our family does definitely not feel complete. For a few reasons it will be another 18 months - 2 years before we TTC again, although another baby is something i think about almost daily. 5 has always been the magic number in my head but the number 6 has been creeping in lately. I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant so I honestly think 1 more will be it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many children?

We have 2 children, a boy and a girl. I thought that we would stop at 2, but then started having second thoughts. Unfortunately medical issues mean I can't have any more kids now so I've accepted that we are meant to be a family of 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have one child. We are very content with just one child & have no plans for further children...at this stage.

This may change though, I really don't know right now. What I do know is that I've never wanted more than two children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We have 3 and thought we were done as they were IVF and it wasn't easy. I also found the year after DS was born very difficult as DD2 is a very shy and sensitive child who eats and sleeps badly and is generally a bit on the unreasonable side. All our kids had reflux and colic so the first 12 months is really hard (we also have no family around).

We had always wanted 4 but made our peace with 3 and I gave everything away and started to be happy to move out of the baby fog when I discovered I was pregnant before Christmas. To be honest at first I wasn't excited, but it has grown on me and DH is so excited I am happy. It's a difficult thing to admit to as I have so many friends on here who are ivf'ers and would give a kidney to have a natural pregnancy.

We are currently overseas and travelling with 3 is really difficult I can't imagine what it will be like with 4 but we'll work it out. Holidays overseas are very important to us.

We are very ucky that DH and I both have high incomes so we can afford a bigger house and a new car, as well as private school fees for them. But I definitely feel the financial pressure.

I was the youngest of 4 and I think deep down I've wanted that again. DH had one brother and always knew he wanted more than 2 kids as he wished he was part of a bigger family growing up.
    Last edited by Sonja; 26-01-2013 at 21:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: How many children?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    We had always wanted 4 but made our peace with 3 and I gave everything away and started to be happy to move out of the baby fog when I discovered I was pregnant before Christmas. To be honest at first I wasn't excited, but it has grown on me and DH is so excited I am happy. It's a difficult thing to admit to as I have so many friends on here who are ivf'ers and would give a kidney to have a natural pregnancy.
    Congratulations!!!

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (26-01-2013)