+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How many children?

We have one son and I am pregnant with number 2. I think I see us having a third one day but we may wait longer than we did this time (DS will be nearly 2 when this one is born). DH had said 4 is his limit.

Sent from my umbrella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Just wondering how many children you have? 6
    Are you happy with that number? yes
    How are the dynamics of your family, pros & cons?
    most things are pro's,
    cons the washing

[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many children?

I currently have 5 and go back and forth on wanting number 6. To be honest if I could guarantee a girl I would 100% have another.

There are many pros and cons to having 5 kids, but I do love it, even though I never saw myself having ANY kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 2, born nice and close together. 1 boy, 1 girl and no desire to have more as I like the balance we have at the moment. Sometimes I get clucky but I'm happy with our family unit.

Thanks
    Reviews

We have 1 DD who is nearly 11 months old. I always wanted 2 as I have one brother and DH has 2 siblings so wanted either 2 or 3.

DD had bad silent reflux and has food allergies and has been a challenging baby so we will be having just one more, mainly to give DD a brother or sister, otherwise 1 would be enough.

I like the idea of having a big family with lots of adult children, but having more than 2 babies, young children or teenagers doesn't interest me.

We could easily afford 4 or 5 but I'd rather send 2 children to better private schools, take them on more holidays, live in a nicer area, be able to take them to what ever extra-curricular activities they want to participate in and pay for their university education (if they choose that path), than have to spread our finances thin and have more children miss out on some of the things they deserve.

I also don't have the patience or selflessness to have any more than 2 children. Going through one more lot of sleep deprivation will be more than enough for me.

I have great respect for anyone who has more than 2 children and in some ways envy them.

Thanks
    Reviews

We have 1 DD. We are done. We always thought we would have more but I hated being pregnant and we both feel complete with one child.
    My sign was that every time I think of being pregnant or when someone tells me they are pregnant I get a bit of vomit in my mouth! Pretty good sign
    We also can afford to send one to private school and have a house fund for her etc etc. we couldn't do that with more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I was the only one making the choice I'd have a baby every couple of years FOREVER!

I love the whole pregnancy/baby/breastfeeding thing... I'm not a fan of toddler tantrums and thankfully DD1 doesnt have too many.

We have 2 girls now and DH would love a boy so we will be going back for #3 in a couple of years time after we have dented the mortgage a bit. Having 2 under 2 was busy and I'd like a bigger gap next time round when dd1 is in Kinder/prep and dd2 at home. But if the next bub is a girl then I think DH will call it quits. BUt if it is a boy... well then baby - we are going for #4!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I have 1. I want more than 1.

I would not be willing to have more than 3.
    I am the same.

Although as a single mum with an almost 10 year old I don't see anymore children in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have 1 and I am now happy with that. I wanted more when DD was little, but feel I've come too far out of the baby stage to go back there now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How many children?

We have 2 boys, 6 and 3. There is just under 3 years between them (11 days shy of 3 years).

I would love to have another though, just the chance to have a girl. I'm not able to so I am learning to accept this.

The pros are many. We aren't stretched financially, emotionally or physically.

I can't think of any cons as our family dynamic suits us.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub