+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How many children?

I wanted lots and lots .... I have 2 and won't be having anymore. The lifestyle I want to lead I have now decided is better suited to a smaller family, I agree that I don't think it is a definite decision you can make before you have kids. I couldn't think of anything worse than another csection!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We are 38 weeks with number 4. I always wanted a large family and 4 was the limit as I felt like it was still a normal size that I could cope with.
    I can see it getting harder as the kids get older with juggling different activities. I also think that if I can make them more independent young people life as a big family will be manageable.
    We have a big enough house and car so don't have to factor those in.
    I'm also pretty easy going and know when to say enough. For example, I put my children into daycare from 1 for my own mental health.
    We also live on the other side of the country from our family so we pay a girl from our daycare to babysit at least once a month for hubby and I to do date night as I think our relationship working is paramount to a happy family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 boys. I would love another child but financially it will be too difficult for us to maintain our standard of living. If our financial situation changes within the next 5 years I would definitely try for another

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

We have 3 and are happy with that, I have had 3 pregnancies in the past 7 months and it has taken a huge toll on me mentally and physically (one termination and 2 m/c) we were unsure if we wanted #4 in a few years time but this has confirmed for me that we are done, hubby is booked for a vasectomy consult on the 1st but they won't do it the same day so he will have to wait until he comes back from work again to have it done. I'm glad we waited for him to have it or I may not of felt so confident in the decision.

I think you will know when you are done, I always wanted 4-5 but I have changed my mind and I will do egg donation and possibly surrogacy later as a way to give back what we have been blessed with, I just need to wait for DD to wean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We have 5 children. It doesn't seem like a large family at all. I would love more but hubby says no

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Just one at the moment. Part of me is dying to have another one but the other part is happy with one. I debate myself every day over it lol. Although 2 would definitely be it for us.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm pregnant with my third and I'm not sure if I'm done, I also have a step child so this is the 4th child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: How many children?

I am 20 weeks with #3. 3 is it for us. Pregnancy is not easy for me, and I don't want to do it again, 3 has always been our number.

I am really looking forward to doing the baby stage the last time later this year

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the replies. Interesting to see everyones perspectives.

As I said earlier we already have three so I don't need to wait and see

I am 50/50 about having number 4 ......

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Interesting to see everyones perspectives.

As I said earlier we already have three so I don't need to wait and see

I am 50/50 about having number 4 ......
    Oh sorry! I held a newborn the other week, was very glad to give her back lol that was a good indicator for me