+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
    Another thing u need to consider is how are u getting there ??
    Do u need to fly ? If so the minimum age to fly is 6 weeks I believe .
    Your bub may arrive late therefore not being old enough to fly (it can really hurt there little ears due to the air pressure)

What's the climate where u live ? Will it be a drastic change ?

If u are going to stay I doors in the lodge and hubby out boarding I'd think that's a bit boring for you and maybe a bit of a waste .... ..how will hubby feel out on the snow by himself ? Might not be his idea of fun either ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub
    Really? I didn't know there were restrictions? I wouldn't fly before they have had their first lot of vaccines anyway too many germs for my liking..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Going to the snow with a 6 week old

There isn't an age limit to fly as far as I know. I know bubs who have flown internationally at 1 and 2 weeks of age with no certificate.

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope not flying. It is only a 4 or so hour drive from where we live. It also gets quite cold where we live, just not enough to snow (it does snow further up the mountain though).

My DH wouldn't be too concerned about snowboarding all day by himself. He would just be happy to be near snow again! He has had a fascination with the snow since he was young, and the first time he ever went was when we went 3 years ago. Saying that though, I think it would be nice for him to go with some friends where they could muck around and get up to all sorts of mischief! But I do not think DH would want to be away from our bub so close to when she was born.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    You can fly with bubs from 7 days and earlier with a doc cert, i don't believe there is any concern in regards to an impact on their ears.
    Our DD flew at 3wks, 5wks and will again at 9wk and 10wks.

If you think you will enjoy it, go for it. Is this your first? You might find you don't enjoy hanging around Perisher with a newborn though, without comfortable seating, your own facilities etc. I know the toilets are disgusting I don't know what their change facilities etc are like. Having said that we went for the day when I was pregnant and because it was a beautiful day I was more than happy to stand outside in the snow and watch everyone, eat donuts and drink hot chocolate. My recommendation would be to make sure your accommodation is comfortable and nice, somewhere you enjoy spending time inside and can be entertained all day, consider looking into somewhere like Perisher Manor (basic rooms are very basic but next ones up would be fantastic with a bub) on snow so you and hubby can still spend time together during the day and you have your facilities right there.

I haven't spent time there in winter but I believe Thredbo has better facilities for non skiers, but obviously you can make that decision on the day.
    Thanks for the recommendation of Thredbo over Perisher! I didn't know there would be a difference, but good to know it is better for the non skiers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I would totally go and as long as dressed warmly when outside there is no issue.

Plenty of babies live in cold and snowy places
    Go for it! We did the reverse. DD was 7 weeks when we went from a freezing Canberra winter to QLD (and we drove) and she coped fine.

Both my kids have done lots of travel as babies and cope fine. DD is only 9 months old and been overseas twice and to three other states multiple times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm in Colorado with a 7 month old as we speak and he is probably warmer than he usually is lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We took a little baby to the snow and had no problems...just had to hunt a bit for a 000 ski suit. He was terribly cute in it

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanicecream View Post
    We took a little baby to the snow and had no problems...just had to hunt a bit for a 000 ski suit. He was terribly cute in it
    DS looks like the Michelin man in his - sooo cute!

Thanks
    Reviews

We took both our boys to the snow at a young age. Ds 1 was 3 weeks and ds2 was 6 weeks. It was absolutely fine no issues. I stayed inside and dh came back from snow boarding and I booked myself into the day spa. I also took them our in there ski suits and a baby bjorn carrier. It was sunny when we went I wouldn't take them out in a blizzard or anything. Aldi sell little snow suits in the ski sale for about $20 but you have to get in quick. They are really good. Enjoy yourself x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wait until the yr after where your bub can walk and do MILO lessons and you can board together ... I wouldn't bother taking A 6 wk old - yes u can keep them warm enough strapped to you and all wrapped up, but you'll need to be indoors for all nappy changes/feeds/bedtimes etc and it just wouldn't be that fun.

Or Could you take one of your parents/friends to help with ur daughter while u get to spend some time out on the snow too.