+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lets Celebrate how fabulous we are! :)

I always said I would never say never to anything! It's worked for me do far, I am a natural birth, (was) booby feeding, (was) co sleeping, actually pretty chilled out mumma! I'm very proud of my self for these things, thank you for making me remember all the good things I have done as a parent instead of focusing on the bad a lot.

Love this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Lets Celebrate how fabulous we are! :)

A whatever works mummy.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hmmm ... Yeah Im a whatever works mummy too... Scream when pushing bubs out, FF from birth, disposable nappies, fed to sleep until weaned then whatever suits my bub. Wanna be co sleeper, but not. Wanna be baby wearer but its so annoying lol BLW try hard lol
    Trying to raise indepentant kids. Let them have a cry when angry but help them understand and control their feelings. Lots of cuddles, but only when Im not buys with my own stuff.

I think my relationship with my kids is very give and take on both ends. They have their own time and space and so do I. Im very proud of the mummy I am and the children I am raising. Its hard at times, but well worth it.

Meant to say, Im not a helicopter parent. I do let my kids out of my sight but am well aware of what they are doing. I know the different cries they have (now, but didnt understand them as a baby) so if they cry or scream a certain way, I know wheter or not in act. I let them intereact with people when we go out, but let them know about strangers and never go with someone if Im not with them. but yeah...
    Last edited by Cleigh; 26-01-2013 at 10:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's interesting how people are so quick to make judgments based on what people DO. Whilst I get that some actions can be based on strongly held ideals, very few of the things I do/have done so far will tell you much about me as a person... except that I'll do what I can do get by.

Thus far:
    Active & drug free labour/birth - because I was at home and had no other choice. If I'd gotten to the hospital sooner (bub was born still on the ambulance stretcher 5 minutes after we arrived) then I probably would have opted for drugs - had gas & air when they stitched me up.
    Mostly breastfeed, sometimes formula and occasionally expressed milk.
    Sometimes baby-wearing.
    Dummy for sleep, sometimes bed-sharing, usually co-sleeping (same room) but not always. Naps can be in our bed, carrier, bassinet, her cot, mattress on the floor or pram/car seat depending what'll work.
    Utterly routineless, though bub has a rough pattern going on. Try to follow her cues.
    Usually cloth nappies... though recently we've been using disposables at night.
    Intending to go back to work a couple of days a week as soon as I can manage it.
    Pro-vax.

Our daughter's only 4 months - will do whatever we feel we need to as she gets older

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    A whatever works mummy.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    Yep this is me

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

i had two inductions and I'm a fan of pain relief. Bf as long as I could then changed to formula. Co-slept when I had to, did responsive settling & sleep school when I had to. Manage allergies & depression as best I can. We vax. We have girls but if we had boys I would circ if medically necessary. SAHM, like routines, used sposies, dummies, comforters, night lights etc. Am always interested to hear why & how other parents do things.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (26-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 natural births (drug free). I bf and bottle fed. I baby wore as newborns but then didn't because I found it uncomfortable when they got bigger. I co-sleep (but would love if they slept in their own beds). I used cloth with my 2nd and dispos with my first. I'm pro vax. I used dummies till they spat them out. I don't do cc. sahm. no routine. I like to let my kids lead me. And I'm a big believer in do what works.

Thanks
    Reviews

Natural birthing (one assisted) , pro private hospy, pro ob, love long hospy stays afterwards, demand bf till toddlerhood, extension bf, mcn/disposie, pro circ for boys (mine when/if I have them), pro religion, pro vax, anti cc/CIO of any form, feed to sleep, daily routine but not time based, co sleeping, bed sharing as needed, early TT, private schooling, home cooking, domestic goddess, family orientated, PT work, social foody butterfly.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the sort of mum who manage to get out of bed in the morning, look after my kids to the best of my ability and crawl into bed at night, happy that we all survived another day.

I continuously surprise myself; have found that I am a different parent than I thought I would be, and that it is an ever-changing gig!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (26-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (26-01-2013),Someones Mummy  (26-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mushiedaina View Post
    I need a 'like' button for every one of u mummas on this thread. U can hear how proud u all are for the decisions u have made for ur children. It royally sux that at every turn, we often have to defend ourselves or our lifestyles! This thread is wonderful!
    Ditto

Drug-free (ventouse) birth, breastfeeding on demand (and exclusively until 6 months), no dummies, feeding to sleep, sposie using, BLW, vaxxing, co-sleeping, pram pushing, anti-CC or CIO, anti-circumcising, car seat rear facing for as long as possible, no routines, thank god for play school, proud SAHM of a 15 month old blonde haired, big brown eyed boy.