+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lets Celebrate how fabulous we are! :)

After seeing a few threads about people feeling ignored, what is acceptable behaviour on BH, what to name bf and ff sections etc, I feel like we need a warm fuzzy thread where we can celebrate the parents we are, whether we are natural birthing, pro elective c-section, APing, bfeeding, ffeeding, baby led weaning, baby wearing, co-sleeping, baby straight in cot etc etc. parents.

State what kind of parent you are and celebrate it! Lets not let this turn into a debate, or criticism, lets be proud of who we are as parents and celebrate with each other how we all do the best we can!

As my mother always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!

So here's me!....

Epidural, straight home from hospital, pro formula feeding, solids/purées from 4 months, pro CC if a last resort (NOT CIO and only if bubs isn't in pain, hungry, hot, cold and is over 6 months old), pram pushing, pro-vax, pro loose routine (but willing to break for a sick, hungry or tired bub), giving bubs tools to self settle, non smacking mummy!
    Last edited by CuddlesAwait; 25-01-2013 at 20:21.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CuddlesAwait For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (26-01-2013),Hokey Pokey  (26-01-2013),MarkandSandy  (25-01-2013),risfaerie  (26-01-2013),winterbaby  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Lets Celebrate how fabulous we are! :)

I'm not a mummy yet but I just wanted to say this is a great thread idea!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elective c-sectioning, bottlefeeding, (now a) babywearing, pro-routine, vacc-ing, non circumcising, non-smacking, (last resort) controlled crying mum of 2.

And I genuinely believe in a parents right to do the opposite of what I do. We're all just trying to get through the day with some healthy, happy kids.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Booby feeding, Save our Sleep following, no dummy, can't be stuffed patting bub to sleep mummy here!

Thanks
    Reviews

C-sect under GA, extended breastfeeding, no dummy, feed and cuddle to sleep type a mummy here.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm a "flying by the seat of my pants" kind of Mum these days lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    (was) Booby feeding, (was) part time cloth-bum, vaxxing, part time working, wannabe SAHM, slave to her sleep and fussy eating way, personal assistant to my tiny CEO.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been and am a boobie and bottle feeding, pro vax, sposie nappy changing, no dummy, allergy testing then blw mum who sometimes gets stressed, sometimes content but always loving mummy of 2 stubborn little princesses.

forgot a few things in my sleep deprived state - a twice induced, drug free, vaginal birthing, hospital birthed, sometimes co-sleeping, free range parent who lets my children get dirty.
    Last edited by winterbaby; 25-01-2013 at 23:10.

Thanks
    Reviews

Great thread! 👍

Labouring with 'Birth Skills' ending in Emer C sec, sposie, babywearing and pram pushing, been to sleep school twice but still comfort bubba to sleep when needed, loose routine baby cues, BLW, Pro Vacc, non circ, part time working, Boobyboy at almost 15months mamma! 😄

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Lets Celebrate how fabulous we are! :)

Well I would like to celebrate the fact that an elderly couple at the table next to me in a cafe the other day told me I was a lovely mum, and wished everyone could have a mum like me

Look, i had one emergency c-section and a vbac, I was happy to try for vbac and thought it was safest for me, but i would have been fine with a repeat c-section if I thought I needed one. I breastfeed but you know that's because I'm lucky I could. I babywear DD because she won't sleep any other way. I don't CC but I've never felt desperate enough to try it. We follow vague routines because it suits our kids. I use cloth nappies because i care for the environment and because they're cheaper. I work because I love my job and believe it's important for *me* that my kids see me as a working mum.

I guess what I'm saying is that some things I do because I'm passionate about them, some just because it's the path of least resistance.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (25-01-2013),Toomanyboys  (26-01-2013)