+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gallbladder Removal - Help!! scared of putting on weight.

Thankyou all, your stories have made me feel alot better x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Gallbladder Removal - Help!! scared of putting on weight.

I put mine off for ages. I had four attacks whilst pregnant and was supposedbto get it out four weeks post partum. I ignored it and at 8 weeks postpartum i was in ICU for a week after a stone got lodged in my pancreas. Get that sucker out ASAP! Its not worth putting off just because youre worried youll put on weight. No point being skinny if youre dead. Harsh i know....but if you eat sensibly once its out and exercise regularly theres no reason why you should put on weight.

All the best i hope it all goes well xxx

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I had mine out when I was 22. I wasn't overweight and had a healthy lifestyle so was a bit unusual that I had stones. Dr said sometimes they don't know what causes them. Anyway I didn't put on weight after my op. Not until babies came along hehe.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

I had an allergic reaction to the contraceptive pill and ended up with gall bladder disease. So after a few attacks, they just removed it (at age 19)
    I didn't put on any weight... Have always stayed about the same.
    And iv had no issues (after the initial healing)... It was weird to think an organ was just removed but you get past that.
    Everything these days gives you cancer so I wouldn't blame the removal of a gallbladder (unless there is actual proof ? :/ )
    I'd say if you are having attacks, just get it out. Best thing I did!

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post
    I had an allergic reaction to the contraceptive pill and ended up with gall bladder disease. So after a few attacks, they just removed it (at age 19)
    I didn't put on any weight... Have always stayed about the same.
    And iv had no issues (after the initial healing)... It was weird to think an organ was just removed but you get past that.
    Everything these days gives you cancer so I wouldn't blame the removal of a gallbladder (unless there is actual proof ? :/ )
    I'd say if you are having attacks, just get it out. Best thing I did!
    Wow this has just made me think... I got my first Gall stone attack less then 4 months after I started on this Pill. Attacks got worse on the pill and Contraception too.. I wonder if they are related?

I lost 5 kilos after surgery and have out it back on, but i stopped dieting about a month after the surgery so pretty good I feel.

I haven't been through labour yet but I agree gall stone attack pain is like 10+/10 and would last for upto a week constantly .. I keep saying i reckon I will breeze through labour but everyone has a right to rub it in afterwards if I don't

Thanks
    Reviews

I didn't know contraception could be a contributor either!! Wow! The only thing I have trouble with now is really rich Indian food like Rogan Josh or something at a restaurant! If I eat something like that I get really bad stomach pains similar to an attack itself! Other than that its been smooth sailing! I wouldn't say an attack is as painful as labour - far from it - but at least labour pain ends and there is a beautiful baby at the end! Gall stone attacks keep on coming and for me they got worse as worse!

Thanks
    Reviews

My sister had hers out, no weight gain after the surgery. She was overweight anyway and has gone on to lose 20+kg. Weight loss also unrelated to the surgery. She was overweight cos she ate the wrong foods and did no exercise, she lost weight when she started eating clean and exercising.

OP there's no physiological reason why you would gain weight after the surgery. Have a closer read of the literature about the function of the gall bladder...you are more likely to have trouble digesting fatty foods after removal which means it will go straight through and come up the other end looking ugly!