+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help, fussy bottle baby!

I'm starting to mix feed my 3 month old dd as I need her to take a bottle for when I need to go into uni, my problem is she is being extremely fussy with bottles. Tried Avent and tommee tippee and she refuses them! So What bottle did your fussy baby take while you were still breastfeeding as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Keep persevering!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Medela calma for my bubs. Change the temp a bit. Both my girls prefer EBM to be cool but not cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Are you giving her the bottle? Sometimes a different person giving the bottle can help as bub can smell your milk etc.
    if not try holding her differently. When I gave bottle for top up feeds to my bub instead of cradling her I lay her facing me or across on a pillow with my hand behind her head-so it felt different than breastfeeding. I also gave it to her while she was in bouncer. Now she drinks easily from it.
    They were just some ideas I read online that helped me. Also slow flow teats to start with.
    Good luck, keep persevering.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes I was giving her the bottle but I had her in we Bouncer then lying on the couch. Newborn teat. Il get dp to try it next with me nowhere near them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck. We ended up using tommee tippee but then changed to avent. I know you've tried them...but I don't know any others.

Thanks
    Reviews

Try pigeon teats they say they feel more like a nipple
    I also used glass bottles Dr Browns are great and cherub

Thanks
    Reviews

My LO has been mixed fed since a week old and loves NUK bottles! 14 weeks later and he still loves them but also doesn't mind TT or Avent.

You could try changing the temp, different size teats or different flow rates, or even try and see if she'll take the bottle from someone else?

Are you giving her formula or EBM in the bottle? You could try dipping the teat into EBM so it smells familiar.

Thanks
    Reviews

My dd was really fussy about teats we have ended up using Mam ones which conveniently fit in Avent bottles so we did nt have to buy even more bottles!