+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Everyone please stop feeding chances, this thread has been derailed now, lets go back to constructive advice for the OP.
    Sorry, you are right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

OP.. I always thought I wanted at least 3, 4 or even 5 kids. Now I have 2 girls, even though it would be great for DP to have a boy (being from a family of girls), I feel like 2 is enough. It is way harder than anyone thinks. Way harder than I ever anticipated. Put working from home on top of that.. Geez... Talk about a challenge.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Everyone please stop feeding chances, this thread has been derailed now, lets go back to constructive advice for the OP.
    Good point, sorry! OP, there has already been so much fantastic advice in this thread I can't think of much to add. I definitely would try moving the outing to earlier as pp said, the special box/bag of stuff for DS just for when your feeding or what not is a great idea, certainly don't cook lunch often around here either, so if you can maybe look at making that easier and daycare as pp have also mentioned, your DS need not be toilet trained they can help with that when the time comes and can change him until that point.
    The main thing though is that you are not alone and the feelings and frustration you describe, whilst not nice for you, are totally normal ! Your DD is only 3 months old, even without working thrown into the picture the whole family is still adjusting and learning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the replies but I noticed you said you will put DS into childcare when he is toilet trained. Just thought if share that I work in childcare and so many kids are toilet trained at childcare before at home - my son was. They see all the kids going to the toilet every hour and so they want to do what everyone else is doing. Childcare could actually help you to toilet train your DS 😃

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, thank you all for your replies and taking your time to read my awfully long vent
    Theres been so many good advice given here and I really appreciate you all for giving them~~~
    I will definetly try prioritising more, I am totally trying to accomplish way too much here. DS IS bored, hence my other post re: what activities you do with your toddler. I will be taking him to swimming classes and playgroups in Feb~~ Also MIL is great~ we take DS to her once a week on mondays, sometimes on Saturdays too because DSs cousins will be there and he loves spending time there while we clean up the house or just relax for half a day. ALso i am trying to do more work at night so I can spend more time with him during the day instead of him wonderng around the house with nothing to do.
    I love the suggestions from headoverfeet and MummaOJ, great advice!
    Daycare at the moment is not really an option for us. Our finances are not that great at the moment, being in a business theres always cash flow problems, but we are confident it will improve. Our goal is to send him to daycare when hes 3, that way he will be toilet trained also (hopefully).
    I feel a lot better now, DH came home and did the dishes and moped the floor for me Hes also preparing some fruit to help me destress
    Kids are in bed and we finally caught the little mouse thats been residing in our house!! yay!

Chances: I am sorry for your losses. Although I've never been in your situation before but I can imagine how emotional it is all for you. Congratultions on your pregnancy and I really hope all the best for you and your bubba~
    I am also like many people on here, quite mad at your posts and found them quite rude and inappropriate, your first post made me cry. Please dont get me wrong, I LOVE my kids, I wouldnt change a thing! And I never take it out on my kids (DH cops it all lol). I want to be a good mother and I know I am a good mother. We choose to work from home because we want to spend more time with our babies, be able to watch them grow and not miss any milestones. We are working hard and we try our best to cope with everything with all the resources we have without taking anything or anyone for granted. However like many pp said already, its hard sometimes, as much as we adore our little ones they can also drive us insane! Thats all part of parenthood. I came up here for advice, I wanted to know that I am not alone. I needed to vent to SOMEONE, like I said I have no one to talk to. After all we are only human. And mothers are super-human~~
    Goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tubster For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (26-01-2013),Cat21  (25-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (26-01-2013),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (25-01-2013),Eko  (25-01-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

If you can't afford CC yet, does your council run occasional care? Some neighbour houses near me do this, and you can send them on a casual basis, say one morning a week for 2-3 hours, or maybe every other week for a whole morning. Could be a cheaper interim option

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Glad your DH has helped a bit tonight OP. sometimes they just need a bit of a kick up the butt huh

Please don't feel you have to justify yourself to anyone - particularly someone that hasn't experienced the highs and lows of motherhood yet. You are doing an awesome job and by venting away on here, means you aren't taking it out in your kids. So vent away, we are all here to support each other

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    If you can't afford CC yet, does your council run occasional care? Some neighbour houses near me do this, and you can send them on a casual basis, say one morning a week for 2-3 hours, or maybe every other week for a whole morning. Could be a cheaper interim option
    hmmm, i am not sure actually, I will have to find out, could be a good option for us~~~:Thanks for that~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Glad your DH has helped a bit tonight OP. sometimes they just need a bit of a kick up the butt huh

Please don't feel you have to justify yourself to anyone - particularly someone that hasn't experienced the highs and lows of motherhood yet. You are doing an awesome job and by venting away on here, means you aren't taking it out in your kids. So vent away, we are all here to support each other
    Thank you!~~~And everyone else, I honestly feel a lot better reading all those replies with advice and / or support

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tubster For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (25-01-2013),Eko  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh tubster I hear you , I have a 3 month old a 2 year old and a just turned 4 year old. Couple of weeks ago I went through a very anxious time feeling like I couldn't cope . I'm out the other side of that now and am feeling much better. I think part of it for me is to set aside playtime and play with them and forget about the house for that time. Then do a little bit here and there whilst they play alone like a trade off. I realised I was drinking hardly any water so I make sure I drink lots now and cut back on the coffee and I don't feel so on edge now. I'm like you also I only have my husband . I would try to put your 2 year old in Occassional care for a couple of hrs a week so you can go grab a coffee or chill out at home and make that time your relax time ( not clean time) . One day it clicks into place , it did with my second and I have just adjusted to number 3 . One day it just won't feel so hard xxxhugs I know how you feel xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)