+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    - write a prioritized list each day of what you want to accomplish. If I felt I hadn't spent much quality time with bub my list might look like: 1) make bub laugh 10 times 2) cook dinner 3) sweep the floor.
    I LOVE this, I am stealing it for me totally trying to do too much at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyWirly View Post

ETA - please excuse typos. On treadmill lol!
    Haha, now that's multi tasking

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

GirlyWirly  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hun you are not alone! When I was on mat leave with 1 (yes 1!) kid I found it very hard at times. You'd have a list of things you'd want to get done in the day and sweet FA would get done!

Below are some tips for your consideration.
    - lower your expectations. Id your youngest is below 9 months a messy floor and baked beans for dinner is ok
    - If you can afford it, hire a cleaner
    - plan simple meals: sandwiches for luch and 20 minute prep deals for dinner (eg tuna pasta bake)
    - get outside once per day: sunlight= happiness
    - If you're feeling down take both kids outside for an hour: stuff the housework!
    - have a bag of 'special goodies' for your eldest child to use when you are busy with bub
    - write a prioritized list each day of what you want to accomplish. If I felt I hadn't spent much quality time with bub my list might look like: 1) make bub laugh 10 times 2) cook dinner 3) sweep the floor. The key is to not overshoot

Best of luck
    Very sage advice.

OP i only have one and frankly I take my hat off to you for going back again

This too shall pass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    Alright I'm sorry if this offends and this is only my opinion but.....isn't that what ya sign up for? And if it gets too much it's ur job to seek the best way to cope and make sure u are ok to be the parent ur children deserve?
    I get its tiring and ya venting but me being someone who had sooo much trouble and heart ache ttc and lost 2 pregnancies. And had to pay an arm and a leg to get pregnant sorry I don't see ur problem. I still have no baby yet and pray this one comes out ok. So I do get a lil annoyed when parents moan, when I would trade it all! I know I don't know ur story but I never read one positive comment in ur post.
    At least I have a chance to be a mother, there are some who sadly can't - please don't forget this when u tuck ur lil ones in or wake up to their beautiful cries. I know ur venting but chin up Hun, it's not really that bad.
    Sorry for your losses and the heartache you must feel struggling to bring a bub into this world.

That being said your struggles ttc doesn't make someone else's struggles with parenting any less valid or any less painful.

Parenting is hard. There is absolutely no way you can "know what your up for" when trying to fall pregnant. Having a child changes your life in ways you can not imagine. I don't mean to be insensitive but not having any kids... You don't have the background knowledge or right to flip off a mums parenting struggles like that.

Sorry but you come across as bitter at the world. Open your heart to other mums and it may help you through your struggles ttc.

Good luck...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (26-01-2013),αληθη  (25-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (26-01-2013),Purple Lily  (25-01-2013),RobinSparkles  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Toddlers are hard work, and the need attention all the time! I mean all the time.

Your son is probably put out by his sister as well.

I find if I play with my kids or take them out, they are happy to play on their own for a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *** post has been deleted by author***
    no probs congrats!
    see ya round in August when your elbow deep in baby poo and vomit and havent slept in weeks and want some advise on how to get your reflux baby to stop crying
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:38.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (26-01-2013),Eko  (25-01-2013),GlitterFarts  (25-01-2013),Kiplusthree  (25-01-2013),meljemillie  (25-01-2013),Purple Lily  (25-01-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Chances I'm pretty mad at what you said, but putting that aside for a moment- if this is how you feel I can see you finding early motherhood very very difficult. When that time comes I hope you aren't too ashamed to reach out for help. A good friend of mine struggled with ttc, she ended up with pnd because she honestly had no idea it would be so hard. That coupled with the guilt she felt because she thought she should be grateful pushed her over the edge.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (25-01-2013),tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Nice way to show some empathy.......
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

It is a parenting forum, well it was last time I checked. People can vent about parenting on a parenting forum!
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:39.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Um, really? I don't care how 'sick' of all these looking for support threads you are, that is no way to behave on a forum that is meant to be for support and that's no matter who's fault the problem is. If you have a problem with it, read through forum categories and only threads that actually have something to do with what you want to read on here.
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:39.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast