+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    *** post has been deleted by author***
    Sorry you are having trouble getting pregnant.

However, no one forced you to read the OP, and I am certain she didn't write it to annoy you.
    As you don't actually have children as yet you have no basis to tell the OP that its not that bad, and it's really a bit awful to have a go at someone who has come here seeking support- the title SAID it was a vent, that may be why you didn't see anything positive in her post. She is here seeking advice to help with her problem, what more do you want of her? Goodness.

OP- I second the daycare idea, you poor thing it really sounds like you need a break! Also, have you considered a play group? You can make friends and your son will love it!
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:56.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear! I think I'm going to be you in about 4 weeks when my next little one is born. I won't be trying to work as well though. I take my hat off to you.

i know my 2yo is often less whingy when I take him somewhere (not that there are too many options to pick from with 2 that age) could that help a little? Playgroup is good for us, or a friends place for a coffee.

A very good friend and I take turns looking after each others lil ones for half a day one day a week. Hectic when you have the two but they entertain each other (while making an unholy mess) then u get half a day to get things done. No child care fees and it makes my DS happy and less whingy for the rest of the day.

It might be hard if u don't know many people.. Playgroup might help u make some connections too?

I think guys really don't handle us venting too well. I think they want to fix things and if they can't they find it frustrating. I say vent away here. Most people on bubhub understand that you can adore your children absolutely and think of them as the best thing you've ever done.. While still finding them exhausting and sometimes extremely frustrating!!
    Last edited by StellarMaris; 25-01-2013 at 18:23. Reason: Putting in the paragraph spacing that disappeared!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StellarMaris For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post

Op, it's ok. It's hard. Daycare can help with toilet training if that helps.
    Oh and all of this! My DS got heaps better with his TTing once he went to daycare simply because he saw the other kids going and wanted to be grown up like them.
    So don't hold off just because of that, it can be a great motivator and having a TT'd child could reduce your workload on days that you have both kids home even if it's only a small amount .

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey OP I had a small age gap with my first 2 (14mths) so I'll try to give you a few tips, can you (or your hubby!) do that park visit first thing in the morning? It might give your DS a chance to expend a bit of energy and to get some 1:1 attention, from reading your post it sounds like he is wanting some esp first thing in the morning, I know even now my 2 boys could run a marathon first thing and getting them out the house to burn a bit of that off really helps for the rest of the day. Hopefully when you get home he will be exhausted enough to watch a bit of tv/play before napping, it sounds like you loose a lot of time first thing in the morning dealing with his attention seeking so maybe that will help.

Also I noticed you said you are cooking lunch? Do you have a cooked meal at dinner as well? If so I would just drop it to one cooked meal a day, IMO that's plenty when you have such young children, or you could move the cooked meal to dinner time so that hubby has the time to clean up before he plays his games

Also it sounds like you need some time saving devices, do you have a dishwasher (I just got mine and I love it!) also maybe look at an appliance that will help you with meals, I like my thermomix but there are cheaper versions on the market. Also would having a cleaner come in even once a week for 1-2 hours help? I'm sure it would haha but yes I know everyones budgets are different!

It really sounds like you hubby needs to start doing a bit more parenting/housework esp if he has time to play games, I know mine loves his games as well but he knows he can't play them until he has done his chores delegate delegate delegate

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (25-01-2013),tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

You know.. That is something you here from someone who doesn't have kids, who when they do, have a far worse experience then wonder why they don't get a while lot of sympathy.

OP.. I agree with pp's. I am exhausted just reading that too. You have my deepest sympathy.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Big hugs I used to feel that resentment too

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Lol I really don't care what u lot think, it's my opinion and when posting in public like OP/I did u will get haters so each to their own. I just hope u realise how lucky u actually are!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Oh and all of this! My DS got heaps better with his TTing once he went to daycare simply because he saw the other kids going and wanted to be grown up like them.
    So don't hold off just because of that, it can be a great motivator and having a TT'd child could reduce your workload on days that you have both kids home even if it's only a small amount .
    We were lucky with ds1. Tt no issues! I thought a super dooper parent award was in order and then came ds2. OMG! I honestly don't know how I would have got through that stage with any sanity left without the daycare ladies.

Kids do want to copy other kids. I agree having the eldest tt'd would at least help during the day.

Again op, it's ok. *hugs*

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by StellarMaris View Post
    I think guys really don't handle us venting too well. I think they want to fix things and if they can't they find it frustrating. I say vent away here. Most people on bubhub understand that you can adore your children absolutely and think of them as the best thing you've ever done.. While still finding them exhausting and sometimes extremely frustrating!!
    I couldn't agree more with this!

About guys going can't fix and also venting on here. No matter what stage your at there will be someone either going through it or past it. Plenty of hugs and advice!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    Lol I really don't care what u lot think, it's my opinion and when posting in public like OP/I did u will get haters so each to their own. I just hope u realise how lucky u actually are!
    Please post away. We are all entitled to our opinion. But just like I'm not experienced with ttc issues and can't help with people venting about that you aren't experienced with what op is venting about.