+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    *** post has been deleted by author***
    I'm really sorry for your losses.

But what you are saying is that nobody should vent about any parenting issue... On a parenting forum.

Hugs OP - hope things improve soon. I have one DS and the thought of having to juggle a newborn and a toddler is rather overwhelming!
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:53.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

lucymoo  (26-01-2013),tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow...way to trivialise someone's emotions - "it's not really that bad." How do you know how bad someone is feeling? You may have had trouble conceiving and that sucks but that's no guarantee that you won't feel like OP feels once you have your bundle of joy and maybe you'll need to vent like she did - hopefully, though, you'll be met with more support and compassion than you've shown. That's my opinion.
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:54.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LauraH80 For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (26-01-2013),GlitterFarts  (25-01-2013),gonnabeaGR8mum  (25-01-2013),headoverfeet  (25-01-2013),Purple Lily  (25-01-2013),RipperRita  (25-01-2013),tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

The op is entitled to a vent as everyone is. We all have bad days with our little ones. My toddler tests my patience multiple times a day. You really have no idea until you are in this position so please don't make the op feel worse.

Hugs op, hope things improve soon xx

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (25-01-2013),gonnabeaGR8mum  (25-01-2013),RipperRita  (25-01-2013),tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Feeling flustered :( LONG vent!

Oh hugs. I am exhausted reading this!! Do you have any occasional care in your area that could give you a break for just three hours/week? It's usually easier to access than other childcare.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Wow. Are you for real? I sincerely hope that once you have your own precious baby that you won't feel insanely guilty for feeling like this some of the time, because you definitely will, on many many occasions. In the meantime perhaps stay off a parenting forum.
    At least you have a partner
    At least you can afford that arm and leg to try
    At least you're not dying. Right? Walk a mile and show some courtesy. Sheesh.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (26-01-2013),RipperRita  (25-01-2013),RobinSparkles  (25-01-2013),tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I can appreciate (not understand) that ttc can be emotionally draining and reading a post about someone complaining about actually being a parent can just make you go 'but at least you have a kid) but please, until you are in the position you can't understand. It is hard having kids, just as much as it is a blessing. I'm sorry you have had a hard time ttc and hope that your dream comes true soon. Please don't diminish ops need to vent based on you circumstances though.

Op, it's ok. It's hard. Daycare can help with toilet training if that helps. Vent away. Parents understand

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:55.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (25-01-2013),Shell Somer  (25-01-2013),tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LauraH80 View Post
    Wow...way to trivialise someone's emotions - "it's not really that bad." How do you know how bad someone is feeling? You may have had trouble conceiving and that sucks but that's no guarantee that you won't feel like OP feels once you have your bundle of joy and maybe you'll need to vent like she did - hopefully, though, you'll be met with more support and compassion than you've shown. That's my opinion.
    Perfectly said! Hugs OP you really really do sound like superwoman and I sincerely hope you feel better from your extremely justified vent xxxxxxxxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op, I think you've been given some great advice already. I'm not qualified to advise as I only have a 9m old. He is so much work, I don't know how you manage with two plus working!
    So just wanted to say it sounds like you are doing an amazing job and I hope it gets a little easier for you soon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

tubster  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes flip flop I did mention the vent factor a few times but seriously?!? When u bite off more than u can chew then things are gonna give, u need to offload and make a choice perhaps to chuck in the job, get help with care etc
    Least there are options and hopefully OP gets help.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouch. I'm sorry for your losses as well, that must be very hard for you.
    But one thing I've always said to other people when they say that someone shouldn't complain is that someone ALWAYS has it harder than you. You might think now that cries are beautiful and that you will be blessed to hear them. And certainly you will be, as is everyone that is able to have a child. But I will be the first person to put your name forward for sainthood if you don't experience at least one episode of being in tears with exhaustion and frustration while your children are young! It's a right of parenthood and we all go through it at some point.
    Having a place to go to let that out of your system without fear of judgement or reprisal is a total blessing and we should never judge someone's breaking point because you never have any idea what they're really experiencing.

OP it sounds like you're getting worked into the ground. I don't really have a solution for you other than daycare (and not everyone can do that) but I just wanted to offer some and say that I think just about every parent has been there and can sympathise! Kids are a rewarding experience but that doesn't mean it's always sunshine and daisies huh.
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 26-01-2013 at 14:55.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (25-01-2013),tubster  (25-01-2013)