+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    My youngest son has never been to child care and his is there on the app. Or you could just stay on hold. Good luck

Right. Not sure why mine didn't show it. I didn't realise there was an app. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Centrelink frustration and CRN

I had to do this last week, rang 1 minute before 'opening time' and was on hold for 20min! I couldn't get it online as she is a newbie - I asked the lady and she said no you have to call. I hate dealing with that place!! I have heard calling last thing in the day is also less waiting time, though the kids are usually wild that time of day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Centrelink frustration and CRN

I just used the app and i can see the kids crns under the childcare icon.
    Pretty sure it's the same online.
    Failing that, if you have an old letter, healthcare card, pension card, etc. it should be on there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is our first time registering him with Centrelink. I will try downloading the app as when I call I just get the engaged signal - there's not even an option to hang on the line! Thanks very much for your help, everyone - it's all rather bamboozling this CRN/CCB/CCR stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aaargh - I can't download the app as my access level is not high enough and I can only improve it by showing ID at a Centrelink office. A job for another day, methinks, so I will persevere with the phone later in the day, as one poster suggested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You can keep calling Centrelink. I called from 10am onwards today... about every 10 minutes I'd try again and get an engaged signal. Finally got a ring at about 1.30pm and then had the option to have them call me back when I was at the front of the queue... so spoke to them about 2.30pm. It's a pain, but keep trying!

Or, alternatively, go into an office. They can rarely do anything on the computers there and just send you home to call, but they should at least be able to tell you what your child's CRN is.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Centrelink frustration and CRN

If you have already claimed CCB then it should be on the letter you received from them about it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Centrelink frustration and CRN

I agree with going in, if you can. I find it quicker and easier to go and line up then sitting on the phone for hours on hold. It's also much cheaper.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish I could go in but I just spent five days in hospital and need to take it easy for a bit. It's good to know, though, that they actually will call you back if you get the option to leave your details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Centrelink phone has been engaged for eight hours, so now I have to wait til Tuesday, I guess. I did send them a "call me back" email via the website - does anyone know if they actually respond to those?
    Last edited by Mopeg; 25-01-2013 at 19:20.