+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Fabric comforter with 4 month old?

It's so tempting but I know it's technically against SIDS recommendations. My DS seems to really really like rubbing his face on fabric or cloths when he's really tired, and I think it could really help him to self settle. We were given a little square blanket thingy with a soft toy in the middle, fabric on one side and satin on the other. I think he'd LOVE to sleep with it but I am so torn because I'm usually so anal about SIDS recommendations. Anyone got any thoughts? Does anyone else use one with their bub <6 months?

Thanks
    Reviews

DS is now 27 months and still sleeps with a taggie he has had from birth. Like your son he rubs it on his face. Before 1 it was almost an instant reaction sleep que. I would lie him down in his cot or stroller and place it on his face, his eyes would roll into the back of his head.

I don't have anything to say about SIDS recommendations as obviously we didn't follow them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Fabric comforter with 4 month old?

DS had a muslin square I put in his cot from 4 months onward. He still has if for sleeping at 21 months and occasionally carries it around the house.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sounds fine to me! I remember my little sister having a terry cloth nappy as her comforter

Thanks
    Reviews

I got a small crocheted blanket for DS2. The holes in it from the crochet put my mind at ease.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    It's so tempting but I know it's technically against SIDS recommendations. My DS seems to really really like rubbing his face on fabric or cloths when he's really tired, and I think it could really help him to self settle. We were given a little square blanket thingy with a soft toy in the middle, fabric on one side and satin on the other. I think he'd LOVE to sleep with it but I am so torn because I'm usually so anal about SIDS recommendations. Anyone got any thoughts? Does anyone else use one with their bub <6 months?
    OP, i think you should do what you are comfortable with.

I am careful and follow the SIDS recommendations like you. DS (5.5 months) loves his taggie and often rubs his eyes/covers his face with it when he is tired. I haven't let him have it in the cot or when I'm not watching him very carefully. I do this because he easily wraps it around his face and head and gets tangled in it. He just isn't clever enough to free himself from it just yet. Perhaps when he is I will let him use it more, maybe even in the cot.

Thanks
    Reviews

I should also add I take it off him after he falls asleep if he's in the cot. He mostly uses it when he naps in the pram though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm thanks guys. I've just ordered one of these - Cuski. It's suppose to be relatively safe due to the breathable fabric and the shape (no large panels to lie over face I think). We'll see how he likes it! He's just desperate for something to snuggle into, poor little man!

Thanks
    Reviews

My 4 month old loves to suck on towels, sheets etc so I reluctantly gave her a blankie I had here, the same as you described OP. she sucks on it to go to sleep, as she won't take a dummy, and then cuddles it when she is asleep. I am going to have a look at your link now

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    Hmmm thanks guys. I've just ordered one of these - Cuski. It's suppose to be relatively safe due to the breathable fabric and the shape (no large panels to lie over face I think). We'll see how he likes it! He's just desperate for something to snuggle into, poor little man!
    We bought this for DD when she was younger - she loved it and we now have 3 that we rotate as she likes to suck on it. I can't quite remember how old she was when we got it though......