+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Carers Allowance Medical Question?

Hi everyone,

little miss 2 has been diagnosed with asperger's syndrome. So i went to our family GP and he signed the medical form but i have just realised after handing it in to centrelink that he has not put down the date the condition commenced as i photo copy everything i give to centrelink as i have forms lost before. I am wondering if they are going to get me to get another medical form filled out or will they just put the date in that the doctor signed the form?

I have tried centrelink but was informed that the wait is more then 90 minutes.

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Carers Allowance Medical Question?

I didn't think the Gp could fill out the forms but your pead had to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked centrelink i was informed they could as long as he had a copy of the report.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think they go by the date she was diagnosed - so if you handed in a copy of her report then hopefully you are ok! Knowing Centrelink though, they will want everything correctly filled out!

If you do have get the doctor to sign again Centrelink will back date any payments. We got 12 months backpay when we applied for our daughter.

Goodluck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    I think they go by the date she was diagnosed - so if you handed in a copy of her report then hopefully you are ok! Knowing Centrelink though, they will want everything correctly filled out!

If you do have get the doctor to sign again Centrelink will back date any payments. We got 12 months backpay when we applied for our daughter.

Goodluck.
    No didn't hand in the report with it because the lady i handed the forms in said that they wont look at it and will just go on the system and they only go by what is on the forms not other pages which is a pain.