+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Dh and I are going ok at the moment, we have talked about a psychiatrist and he says he will try an appt here first and then ask

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Let's break the stigma attached to mental health illness!

Thank you it's lovely to be able to talk to people that understand

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Any time! I hope it all works out... Mental illnesses are a PITA. And people who don't understand make it seem a lot worse than it can be...

Btw just an update on my end... No baby yet, but my DP and I finally have a house! Only downfall is we can't move in till march as it's being occupied... So 3 or 4 more weeks with us living cramped and then freedom! With the ability to have things the way we want, not how my mum wants! So excited!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Any time! I hope it all works out... Mental illnesses are a PITA. And people who don't understand make it seem a lot worse than it can be...

Btw just an update on my end... No baby yet, but my DP and I finally have a house! Only downfall is we can't move in till march as it's being occupied... So 3 or 4 more weeks with us living cramped and then freedom! With the ability to have things the way we want, not how my mum wants! So excited!

That's awesome news! Hopefully there will be more news soon too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

smidget3004  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suffer from GAD & depression. I'm on 75mg of effexor & doing CBT, have been on effexor for around 6 weeks & it has made a dramatic difference but the day I got AF - it feels like I've taken a step back with the depression - very upsetting as I was doing so well - I'm also on the depo. Does anyone know its normal for AF to make depression worse ? Should I ask the doctor to increase the meds or just wait & see how I feel when the bleeding stops ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    I suffer from GAD & depression. I'm on 75mg of effexor & doing CBT, have been on effexor for around 6 weeks & it has made a dramatic difference but the day I got AF - it feels like I've taken a step back with the depression - very upsetting as I was doing so well - I'm also on the depo. Does anyone know its normal for AF to make depression worse ? Should I ask the doctor to increase the meds or just wait & see how I feel when the bleeding stops ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    It can. I would give your meds another month to see if it helps, unless your depression is severe. If it's really bad, talk to your Dr now and put your mind at ease.

I know that my moods act up whenever I'm on any contraception that involves hormones, and being pregnant has really not helped my case. Lol. But I have bipolar and borderline.

Hope this helps. We are all here to support each other, especially through the cr@ppy days

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

loumia  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    Yes my depression hits new lows around AF. I would find myself feeling so down and bawling my eyes out for no reason.. Eventually i worked out it was always around that time.
    I'm on zoloft. The first couple of months i was on it i experienced the same depression around AF but it's actually seemed to eased off the longer i've been on them. Hopefully this will be the case for you too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

loumia  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Dh's mood has been up and down a lot this last week.
    Really happy then really down and quiet in short periods of time...
    I thinking starting to play on my health this time too... I have already Beebe to a psychologist to deal with my anxiety about the situation but feel like it's differerent, like I'm stressed or something-clenching my teeth a lot and getting headaches.
    Does anyone have say good relaxation techniques I could try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post

How are you going? Has bub been born yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Dh's mood has been up and down a lot this last week.
    Really happy then really down and quiet in short periods of time...
    I thinking starting to play on my health this time too... I have already Beebe to a psychologist to deal with my anxiety about the situation but feel like it's differerent, like I'm stressed or something-clenching my teeth a lot and getting headaches.
    Does anyone have say good relaxation techniques I could try?