+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Let's break the stigma attached to mental health illness!

Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Ok. Maybe the Dr wasn't monitoring his dosages. They need to be looked at every few months normally. Does he understand how the modified release works??? That can also help as he may not be taking it at the optimum time for him. Or he could be one of those people that just build up a tolerance for it. I know a few people that have to change meds every 6 onths because they build up a tolerance.

I hope everything can be sorted before it affects your relationship too much. Lots of love and hugs

I know it can be frustrating too.
    thankyou

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    sorry, yes he was diagnosed with depression first then changed ti bipolar 2.
    he currently takes seroquel xr.
    he has been down, agitated and grumpy for a few days and went to his doctor today and got told that he may have depression as well so he needs to go back Monday and get a new mental health care plan so he can get back into a psychologist.

I guess that's the problem also-he doesn't talk, at all and just snaps at me and dd.....

A lot of GP's are quite useless when it comes to mental health. Ask for a mental health plan and get seen by a psychiatrist instead. They know MUCH more about mental health and how the meds work.

Thanks
    Reviews

Been a while since anyone has said much here!

Just an update for me, I'm still waiting for bub to come. Everyone keeps trying to guess when he/she will be born. My dad has said tomorrow... I have a feeling it will be once I get told we finally have a house! That way I won't have to deal with the moving. Lol.

My DP has been stressing over everything, and people saying bubs will make an appearance in so many days hasn't helped. He's been very unwell cos of it all.

Got to see my step daughter on Saturday and spend the day with her. It was good (except DP being sick). It had been 3 months since I last saw her. And we've found out we may be granted full custody as BM doesn't have suitable living arrangements here yet.

So lots of positives and a few negatives here, but still taking things hour by hour

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    When is your due date Smidget?

Thanks
    Reviews

12th of Feb. Bub is in position and all, had pre labour contractions but they've gone away, so doing all I can! Bouncing on the fitball, walking, stairs, s*x, evening primrose. Would be doing raspberry leaf tea as well but can't find any!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooo close!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Garr Dh had his mental health plan with his gp this week who didn't talk to him the whole time!!! Dh had to quiz him on the plan and was just told it was to help him cope with being down and oh-he might change meds too.... frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Garr Dh had his mental health plan with his gp this week who didn't talk to him the whole time!!! Dh had to quiz him on the plan and was just told it was to help him cope with being down and oh-he might change meds too.... frustrating!

:what: The mental health plan is supposed to be discussed and agreed by both patient and Dr! If I were you honey, I'd get him to get a referral to a psychiatrist. They will be able to help one he'll of a lot better! Hope everything is ok with your dh though and he doesn't start going backwards or anything

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Sooo close!!
    I know! I just wanna meet my bub!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    :what: The mental health plan is supposed to be discussed and agreed by both patient and Dr! If I were you honey, I'd get him to get a referral to a psychiatrist. They will be able to help one he'll of a lot better! Hope everything is ok with your dh though and he doesn't start going backwards or anything

Dh and I are going ok at the moment, we have talked about a psychiatrist and he says he will try an appt here first and then ask