+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I keep trying to come back to this thread but I find it really hard. I'm struggling a bit atm and I'm afraid of giving the depression any air time. I'm trying to focus on getting well and healthy. Packed DD1 off to prep this morning, I was close to tears... then went for a walk with dd2 and was almost in tears again thinking of how much easier my life will be now with just one child most of the day.

Hope everyone else is having a good day
    Sometimes it's ok to be sad. I know it's hard not to let the big black monster of depression to roam free in that time though...
    I hope your LO enjoys school. Hopefully it will get easier for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Oh my how exciting!!!
    It is!!! I am trying to keep comfortable and do little things every now and then to encourage active labour... Resting and walking up and down the stairs to refill my water bottle every hour or so...

I have heard that once a bub is born, that some people with things like me end up having a complete turn around and no more problems with their mental health... I am hoping this at least holds a small amount of truth, and I start coping a little better...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Let's break the stigma attached to mental health illness!

Smidget how exciting! Good luck!

Gothel as smidget said its alright to feel sad sometimes. And its ok to think your day will be easier with only one child at home. Doesn't mean you love your DD any less. It just means your day is easier, DD2 gets some 1 on 1 with you and DD1 is making new friends and learning cool stuff. Be gentle with yourself, I find times of transition can be difficult.

AFM I'm so sick of being tired. The house is s mess again, and I want to clean it but I am so tired. Every time I've sat down today I've fallen asleep. I know my family think I'm lazy, I'm sure DP does too sometimes, but I want to have a clean house, do craft with the kids, go to the park, cook gourmet meals, all the things all those supermums do. But I honestly barely have the energy to get through the day. With 4 children home all the time that dealing with the immediate have toos is about all I can keep up with.

I was talking to DP the other night about whether I should medicate, but I don't know if that's right for me. I feel I have the moods and negative thoughts under control, but the exhaustion I just can't escape. Oh well I guess I'll just keep plodding on.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sakabla View Post

Gothel as smidget said its alright to feel sad sometimes. And its ok to think your day will be easier with only one child at home. Doesn't mean you love your DD any less. It just means your day is easier, DD2 gets some 1 on 1 with you and DD1 is making new friends and learning cool stuff. Be gentle with yourself, I find times of transition can be difficult.

AFM I'm so sick of being tired. The house is s mess again, and I want to clean it but I am so tired. Every time I've sat down today I've fallen asleep. I know my family think I'm lazy, I'm sure DP does too sometimes, but I want to have a clean house, do craft with the kids, go to the park, cook gourmet meals, all the things all those supermums do. But I honestly barely have the energy to get through the day. With 4 children home all the time that dealing with the immediate have toos is about all I can keep up with.

I was talking to DP the other night about whether I should medicate, but I don't know if that's right for me. I feel I have the moods and negative thoughts under control, but the exhaustion I just can't escape. Oh well I guess I'll just keep plodding on.
    Maybe ask for something to help with the sleep? It might help. Maybe try some counselling or something once a week. Not all medication is bad and if a tablet helps you sleep at night it might be worth it. Doesn't have to be an anti d or anything. There's a new sleeping tablet that is actually just the bodies normal hormones. You take it for a few weeks and it fixes the sleep cycles your body has...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sakabla View Post

Maybe ask for something to help with the sleep? It might help. Maybe try some counselling or something once a week. Not all medication is bad and if a tablet helps you sleep at night it might be worth it. Doesn't have to be an anti d or anything. There's a new sleeping tablet that is actually just the bodies normal hormones. You take it for a few weeks and it fixes the sleep cycles your body has...

Thanks
    Reviews

Stupid phone... Sorry for the double up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    It is!!! I am trying to keep comfortable and do little things every now and then to encourage active labour... Resting and walking up and down the stairs to refill my water bottle every hour or so...

I have heard that once a bub is born, that some people with things like me end up having a complete turn around and no more problems with their mental health... I am hoping this at least holds a small amount of truth, and I start coping a little better...
    Hope you get some rest tonight! If no rest, then a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post

I agree

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Hope you get some rest tonight! If no rest, then a baby
    They have slowly become more frequent. Still too irregular though. I have found standing to be the most comfortable position. I barely feel them when standing. Sitting gets uncomfortable and lying down is just painful! My DP suggested duck taping me to the wall so I can at least get some sleep. Lol. I am so tired that I hope I go into labour AFTER some sleep. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck smidget. I was in pre labour on and off for 2 weeks.
    My dh also suggested duck tape.

I am finding that so far bub #2 has not set me off. Dh is watching me closely but thinks I'm doing great.

I agree with a pp about the sleeping pill. If you can fix your sleep it may very well fix half the problem and make the rest bearable.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

smidget3004  (01-02-2013)