+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohobaby View Post
    I was offered zoloft while pregnant, so that's probably what I'll start on once bubs is born. The only thing is I get really anxious about the side affects on the box. It says ' may cause thoughts of self harm or harm to others.' that scares me so much and makes me not want to take it cause I'm scared it will make me crazy and try and hurt someone. I know that sounds crazy in its self but these are the kids of worries that spiral my anxiety. Also someone posted that they developed schizophrenia from meds? That's freaks me out so much
    The chance of this happening is very very very minimal. Don't be scared. IF it happened then you can stop them You will be ok

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

smidget3004  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Let's break the stigma attached to mental health illness!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    The chance of this happening is very very very minimal. Don't be scared. IF it happened then you can stop them You will be ok
    Exactly! That's what my psych said

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I take an anti psychotic and I was not even psychotic to begin with Nothing out of the ordinary here

Thanks
    Reviews

I take an anti psychotic and I was not even psychotic to begin with Nothing out of the ordinary here
    Mine isn't because of the med side effect. Mine is because it works well for my bipolar. Something else stopped the psychosis. Lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Mine isn't because of the med side effect. Mine is because it works well for my bipolar. Something else stopped the psychosis. Lol

I take it for severe mood swings, possible I may have bi polar too

Thanks
    Reviews

I take it for severe mood swings, possible I may have bi polar too
    Could be any number of things. I'm doubly diagnosed with bipolar 2 and borderline, which are almost exactly the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for starting this thread I've had long term depression and general anxiety for 10 years and I have just started to open up about it to people I know and meet in an attempt to break down the stigma. I have come to a point of acceptance now, which has made life so much easier, I have accepted that I might always have to keep my anxiety and depression levels in check on the daily, sometimes hourly basis. I try to keep a sense of humour about it, as hard as it is, I have given my "black dog" a name and an identity and I'm learning to love it like any other part of my life, it is a fact of life for me and half the battle was deciding not to fight it anymore, to just accept it. I had a lovely friend who has bipolar and after a long journey he has made peace with it, I really admired his ability to just live in the moment and his courage and honesty.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarrah jay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah jay View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread I've had long term depression and general anxiety for 10 years and I have just started to open up about it to people I know and meet in an attempt to break down the stigma. I have come to a point of acceptance now, which has made life so much easier, I have accepted that I might always have to keep my anxiety and depression levels in check on the daily, sometimes hourly basis. I try to keep a sense of humour about it, as hard as it is, I have given my "black dog" a name and an identity and I'm learning to love it like any other part of my life, it is a fact of life for me and half the battle was deciding not to fight it anymore, to just accept it. I had a lovely friend who has bipolar and after a long journey he has made peace with it, I really admired his ability to just live in the moment and his courage and honesty.
    I'm glad you have accepted it. My family hates how open I am about my bipolar, but it's just a fact of my life. The only option I see is to get on with life. I have found some people are a lot less willing to accept me once they know, and it has made working difficult in the past, but it's not my problem if someone else can't accept it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Could be any number of things. I'm doubly diagnosed with bipolar 2 and borderline, which are almost exactly the same

Hard not having an official diagnosis hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah jay View Post
    Welcome xx