+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 166
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28,229
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    992
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohobaby View Post
    I was offered zoloft while pregnant, so that's probably what I'll start on once bubs is born. The only thing is I get really anxious about the side affects on the box. It says ' may cause thoughts of self harm or harm to others.' that scares me so much and makes me not want to take it cause I'm scared it will make me crazy and try and hurt someone. I know that sounds crazy in its self but these are the kids of worries that spiral my anxiety. Also someone posted that they developed schizophrenia from meds? That's freaks me out so much
    The chance of this happening is very very very minimal. Don't be scared. IF it happened then you can stop them You will be ok

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

    smidget3004  (29-01-2013)

  3. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    694
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked
    116
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Let's break the stigma attached to mental health illness!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    The chance of this happening is very very very minimal. Don't be scared. IF it happened then you can stop them You will be ok
    Exactly! That's what my psych said

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

    Hokey Pokey  (29-01-2013)

  5. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28,229
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    992
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I take an anti psychotic and I was not even psychotic to begin with Nothing out of the ordinary here

  6. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    694
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked
    116
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Let's break the stigma attached to mental health illness!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    I take an anti psychotic and I was not even psychotic to begin with Nothing out of the ordinary here
    Mine isn't because of the med side effect. Mine is because it works well for my bipolar. Something else stopped the psychosis. Lol

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

    Hokey Pokey  (29-01-2013)

  8. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28,229
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    992
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Mine isn't because of the med side effect. Mine is because it works well for my bipolar. Something else stopped the psychosis. Lol

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I take it for severe mood swings, possible I may have bi polar too

  9. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    694
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked
    116
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Let's break the stigma attached to mental health illness!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    I take it for severe mood swings, possible I may have bi polar too
    Could be any number of things. I'm doubly diagnosed with bipolar 2 and borderline, which are almost exactly the same

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  10. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks for starting this thread I've had long term depression and general anxiety for 10 years and I have just started to open up about it to people I know and meet in an attempt to break down the stigma. I have come to a point of acceptance now, which has made life so much easier, I have accepted that I might always have to keep my anxiety and depression levels in check on the daily, sometimes hourly basis. I try to keep a sense of humour about it, as hard as it is, I have given my "black dog" a name and an identity and I'm learning to love it like any other part of my life, it is a fact of life for me and half the battle was deciding not to fight it anymore, to just accept it. I had a lovely friend who has bipolar and after a long journey he has made peace with it, I really admired his ability to just live in the moment and his courage and honesty.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarrah jay For This Useful Post:

    Hokey Pokey  (29-01-2013)

  12. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    694
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked
    116
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Let's break the stigma attached to mental health illness!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah jay View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread I've had long term depression and general anxiety for 10 years and I have just started to open up about it to people I know and meet in an attempt to break down the stigma. I have come to a point of acceptance now, which has made life so much easier, I have accepted that I might always have to keep my anxiety and depression levels in check on the daily, sometimes hourly basis. I try to keep a sense of humour about it, as hard as it is, I have given my "black dog" a name and an identity and I'm learning to love it like any other part of my life, it is a fact of life for me and half the battle was deciding not to fight it anymore, to just accept it. I had a lovely friend who has bipolar and after a long journey he has made peace with it, I really admired his ability to just live in the moment and his courage and honesty.
    I'm glad you have accepted it. My family hates how open I am about my bipolar, but it's just a fact of my life. The only option I see is to get on with life. I have found some people are a lot less willing to accept me once they know, and it has made working difficult in the past, but it's not my problem if someone else can't accept it

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

    Hokey Pokey  (29-01-2013)

  14. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28,229
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    992
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Could be any number of things. I'm doubly diagnosed with bipolar 2 and borderline, which are almost exactly the same

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Hard not having an official diagnosis hey

  15. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28,229
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    992
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah jay View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread I've had long term depression and general anxiety for 10 years and I have just started to open up about it to people I know and meet in an attempt to break down the stigma. I have come to a point of acceptance now, which has made life so much easier, I have accepted that I might always have to keep my anxiety and depression levels in check on the daily, sometimes hourly basis. I try to keep a sense of humour about it, as hard as it is, I have given my "black dog" a name and an identity and I'm learning to love it like any other part of my life, it is a fact of life for me and half the battle was deciding not to fight it anymore, to just accept it. I had a lovely friend who has bipolar and after a long journey he has made peace with it, I really admired his ability to just live in the moment and his courage and honesty.
    Welcome xx


 

Similar Threads

  1. The stigma attached to c-sections
    By Alimia in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 18:04
  2. Induction due to mental illness
    By Caviar in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23-03-2012, 19:16
  3. Mental health stigma
    By MoonGecko in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 26-02-2012, 13:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
L'il Aussie Prems Foundation
An Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at high risk of giving birth prematurely, who have babies currently in hospital and families with toddlers who were born too soon.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!