+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Playpen?

My dd is 8mo and just started getting into crawling! I put a baby gate on our Lounge room door door yesterday and its working a treat! We are renovating so its not safe for her to wander about just yet

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my playpen was the absolute best investment we made. I used it as a day cot from when my first bub was about four months old. I used it with all my babies, even the twins had enough room to play in there together. Im sure the company no longer exists, but it was a Fraser play pen, it had a padded floor and mesh sides, and I would toss a mosquito net over the top if we were outside. It collasped flat, so was great to transport anywhere. I couldnt have survived without it, but I dont know if there is any similar thing on the market these days. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Playpen?

We have a connectable play pen by jolly kids. From crawling to walking dd1 played in there. But then I used it to fence off dangerous things like bookcases and entertainment units.

I love mine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    Subbing. Our house is very open planned so can't really section off a safe area. Will be in need of a play pen later this year.

Same here! We have huge open spaces so there's only one part that could possibly be fenced off a bit for him. So I might do that or get a big play pen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I'll start looking into play pens this weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a playpen given to me. I think DS used it once or twice and that's it. Waste of money and space if you ask me!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Playpen?

You may have already bought one but if not, i'd recommend getting one that can be extended. DS had a square one from when he was about six months old, but he started to hate it once he learnt to crawl. We then bought more panels so that its twice the size and he loves it again!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have recently upgraded from a port a cot to a playpen and I love it. We have an open plan home so it's often unsafe for bubs to be allowd to roam free.

We call ours the 'cage' and our 16 month old often quite enjoys being in there. We have a few 'cageable offences' such as opening the oven, and the cage has been great to train her not to play in the oven.

I was very anti the whole idea of the cage at first, but I find it fantastic, practical and wouldn't live without it.

I often put cushions in there and move it in front of the tv, so I can clean or cook and know she is safe and secure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    We have a connectable play pen by jolly kids. From crawling to walking dd1 played in there. But then I used it to fence off dangerous things like bookcases and entertainment units.

I love mine!
    We have the same playpen and use it the same. We got the giant one (which is essentially two playpens essembled to make an extra large one) and it was great.

DS is 2 now and we use some of it to fence off our low lying entertainment unit (he's a button pusher), DVD's and phone table.

We bought ours off Deals Direct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a play pen with DD and she is 15 months old! She is a very active and curious little girl, so she only sits and plays in there for about 20mins max!

I also used it with DS and he could stay in there for much longer.

I think it is a great investment for me, as I put DD in there whilst I mop the floor, make some bikkie dough, gather the washing etc..