+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Waking up in the morning cranky/tired - 9 month old

Hi all im in desperate need of some advice on my 9 month old girl. She sleeps great through the night 6.30/7.00pm - wake up 5-6am generally sleeps right through maybe 1 wake up for dummy - back then straight back to sleep.
    The last few weeks she is only awake for about 1hour in the morning and she is cranky, irritabilty, get out my face, not really interested in her breakfast, pulling ears sometimes, rubbing her nose, eyes. Which all indicate that she is tired or maybe cranky cause of teeth....right?
    So i cuddle her to calm then into cot for sleep but all she does is play, then we got over tired.
    Am i putting her down to early after just being awake??? Have no idea but she is just so cranky all the time...please suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Could be teeth, have you tried anything to see if it helps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could be that she isn't ready to get up then, but is hungry. Have you tried giving milk and then straight back to sleep for another hour?

Is she cranky for the whole day or just this period in the morning?

Have you considered any allergies which are caused by something in her bedroom? I have a mild dust/dust mite allergy which causes me some issues in the morning, but after I have been out of the room for a while it feels like it clears... just another suggestion to consider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second ILoveHats- I think bub is tired so either stretch out the morning till bub works out to sleep longer or give bub a feed a chance to go back to sleep.