+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default At a lost Re father's visitations

Hi,
    Well I'm confused and hoping to get some advice and answers regarding my DF's children to a previous partner.
    At the moment we have them every 2nd weekend. However he just got a new job on the mines and works 2 weekends and 2 weekends off. We have asked the Ex if weekends could change weekends so we have the kids when he is off, he has worked this job before and the ex has let us have the kids on his weekends off. This time she won't let us have them, saying her partner deserves to see the kids to. Even though he lives with them.
    My question is do we have any say or rights when the kids come to our house? I just don't see the point of having them here on the weekends my DF works and doesn't get home until night time.
    Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default At a lost Re father's visitations

Are there any court orders?
    There is nothing that can force visitation to change without getting court orders and then you would have to follow the orders which means if things change you could be stuck with the previous arrangement and it may not work.

These things are always difficult maybe try talking to her again and explain the benefits for the children by rearranging visits.
    I find if the ex thinks its anything to help the ex then they will say no, if its pointed at what's best for the kids they are a little more open

Goodluck

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree - it comes down to the court orders. If there are none, then maybe that's the road that you have to go down, if she isn't being helpful about changing the arrangements to the weekends that your DF is down.

The arguement about her partner seeing the children is a bit of a moot point if he lives with them, as it sounds like your partner doesn't want to change the amount of time that they spend with their mother and her partner, it sounds like he only wants to change the dates. Therefore the mother and her partner would still have the weekends that your DF is working away, so it's a very weak arguement.

Goodluck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there is a court order in place, it has been in place for about 4 years or more.
    It states that DF has the kids every 2nd weekend. Which was fine when he wasn't working weekends.
    We have done the 2 weekends on and 2 weekends off before and they worked ok.
    It is not like we are doing to to be a pain, disrupt the kids or to annoy the ex but my DF had to get a job back on the mines to support us all.
    The ex has agreed to do a trial so we will see what happens then. She is always using the kids as pawns and I do talk to her a try and make it all work for the kids.
    I can't wait until they are at a age where they have a voice as well.