+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is the weirdest thing your child is allergic to?

DD1 is allergic to mosquito bites but the reaction isn't as intense this Summer as it was last Summer.

Something in muesli bars and prawn crackers gives her a raised bumpy rash from between her eyes to down the side of her nose. She doesn't really eat those things regularly anyway and it hasn't happened with anything else so far....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

DS 2 had a reaction to dinner tonight. Bright red dry face to go to bed with.

Both my DDs have reactions to mozzies too. They swell and swell into boils. Some have gotten so big they have stretched their skin into bruises.

Thanks
    Reviews

Not my son but me - those little round pickled onions that are red, green or white. Very popular finger food in the 90's. They would be at every party when I was a kid and mum would say 'don't you touch those onions'. I could never help myself and would always eat one.... and then would instantly have an asthma attack!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm allergic to apples, and come from the apple state

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: What is the weirdest thing your child is allergic to?

DS1 is allergic to raw tomato - just the juice. It practically burns his skin, he screams the house down if it touches him.

DS2 is also allergic to tomato, capsicum and mango. If he eats them his lips swell up and he gets hives.

I was allergic to tomato as a child and grew out of it so I hope the same happens for them.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

We haven't discovered any allergies in the kids.
    I'm allergic to rabbits. My whole face swells up to the point that i can barely open my eyes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    My DS2 gets a bright red rash around his mouth after eating Maccas sweet and sour sauce.
    It could be the soy? DS had the same reaction to it when he used to be able to eat it. And it contains soy which is a common one.

DS just has common allergies. Some make him get hives and rashes others make him chronically constipated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD#2 is allergic to lollies. (First time was more than 20 hives and throat swelling and second time was similar)

I have been told its an unknown colour/flavour found in lollies but we have never had a reaction to anything else other than lollies. She has had all sorts of colour/flavour jellies over the years and one of her birthday cakes was a big butterfly with lots of different coloured icing. She is ok with Natural Confectionary Company lollies though.

DD#2 is also cows milk protein intolerant.

DD#1 is allergic to kiwi fruit. It only happened about 3 years ago much to her disappointment because she loves them and can't eat them anymore. She can't buy fruit salad at the shops anymore either as they always have kiwi in them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Not me but my dad. If he has beetroot his throat closes up.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My mum has an allergy to tropical fruits (mangoes, paw paw etc) she gets rashes and her throat swells a bit.
    Ds is allergic to peanuts which is pretty common obviously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast