+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS2 gets a bright red rash around his mouth after eating Maccas sweet and sour sauce.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is the weirdest thing your child is allergic to?

My son get reactions with tomato sauce and eggs, ends up with a rash all over the body for days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What is the weirdest thing your child is allergic to?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsicle View Post
    DD is really allergic to Mosquitos! And they seem to love her blood! She comes up in massive weepy welts, very sad when one takes up her whole cheek or something! Then unfortunately she has inherited my inability to not pick and they last for even longer!
    Oh my gosh! i was allergic to them as a kid! it got better for me, now i only very very rarely have a reaction, and its kinda like a boil when i do. Generally when i get bit just hurt like hell and **** me off now - and im currently COVERED in them

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg potatoes, poor thing not my DS but I'm allergic to Jaffa's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    DS gets this from popcorn. He goes hyper after eating a bagged microwave popcorn.
    My kids are the same and I'm pretty certain you'll find the culprit is natural colour 160b (annatto). It's a common trigger for kids to go hyper and unfortunately is in ALOT of kids foods (cereals, ice-cream, yoghurts, custard, biscuits and yes, microwave popcorn). Really peeves me that something known to cause such a reaction is used just because it means they can still market a product as '100% natural'. I think the amount in the microwave popcorn is high compared to some other foods - give away is the bright yellow colour. My kids go from quietly watching a movie to jumping of the walls in 5mins but can tolerate it in small amounts of ice-cream as it's less concentrated.

Other weird allergies....DS as a baby/toddler would get a rash around his mouth from lamb which I found odd. Fine now though. He got the same reaction from egg, lentils and baked beans but has outgrown these also. Only one that remains is cats and that's only if there's contact with his face/eyes (same as me).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat13 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (24-01-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Not my kids or a food but I swell up if I use certain liquid soaps. No idea what it is in them but ouch it hurts.

With the hyper foods, caramel makes me super hyper and so does freshly popped pop corn

Thanks
    Reviews

His dads beard & apples, seriously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    My kids are the same and I'm pretty certain you'll find the culprit is natural colour 160b (annatto). It's a common trigger for kids to go hyper and unfortunately is in ALOT of kids foods (cereals, ice-cream, yoghurts, custard, biscuits and yes, microwave popcorn). Really peeves me that something known to cause such a reaction is used just because it means they can still market a product as '100% natural'. I think the amount in the microwave popcorn is high compared to some other foods - give away is the bright yellow colour. My kids go from quietly watching a movie to jumping of the walls in 5mins but can tolerate it in small amounts of ice-cream as it's less concentrated.
    Oh wow, i didnt know that. Thank you, ill be sure to check it out in other foods too.

Thanks
    Reviews

DS and I are both allergic to aloe Vera, for the people who have said baby wipes and bubble bath check to see if there is any aloe or aloe extract in it, both DS and I have reactions from wipes and BB before I went through every line and found the aloe

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Not DD but I'm allergic to cockroaches (amongst other things).

I laughed so much when I was told that.
    So am I - everyone has a giggle and thinks I'm making it up! I'm glad I now know someone else with the same allergy