+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If it is his stuff, wondering why it's so hard and gooey and glue like and thick (not to mention yellowy green :S ?

Worried if it is that something is wrong with it :O or is that just how it goes when it's in there for a while? I've left it in there before and it's always come back out liquidy. Sorry TMI again, just trying to work out what's going on.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mucus plug? *WARNING* GRAPHIC IMAGE - TMI!

Mine looked like that at first, then I lost my REAL mucous plug - that said some people lose no more than that - my sister for example.

My actual, full plug, looked like that but about 10x bigger and blood streaked!

Scared the beejeebus out of me!!!

Labour started about 24 hours later

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lucymoo For This Useful Post:

Angelique89  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I was also overdue! 2/3 days over when I got that plug, about 10 hours later I got the rest!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lucymoo For This Useful Post:

Angelique89  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it's stuff because it's long/big and snotty, from my experience, stuff has never come out looking like that.
    Everyones plug won't be exactly the same in size or colour, mine was kinda greeny which is odd. A better indication is actual blood which is the show, this comes from the cervix when it's dialating. When you get that you definately know it's happening. Either way you will have a baby soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Mucus plug? *WARNING* GRAPHIC IMAGE - TMI!

Quote Originally Posted by Little_P View Post
    It does seem like it but you can have this happen and then not go into labor. My sil lost some and then no action! For me though, it meant labour was coming and happened with two of mine within 12 hours. So tmi but mine was as you say and felt kind of 'thick' and firm kind of. Hard to describe. I had a shower and more came away after walking around and doing stuff. Exciting! I love this stage
    Agree. I lost mine at 37 weeks. I had ds2 bang on 40 weeks (after s&s that day). You describe the consistency very well.

Op I hope this is the start for you. Good luck

ETA: Did you know that on the android app the beer picture is next to the smile? I meant to have the smile, not the beer. Just thought I should clear that up if anyone saw that

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub
    Last edited by dancingchipmunk; 24-01-2013 at 21:39.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Fingers crossed for labour for you soon

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    EWWW THAT'S DISGUSTING!!! How could you post that?!!

JUST KIDDING!!!

I never had a plug come out that I noticed but I did have quite a bit of snot like goop like that over about a week when I had DS. I don't think I went into labour for another few days though, so it may just have been CM that had thickened in response to the hormone changes coming up?

The fact that you're overdue means it could be a good sign, but then I was nearly 2 weeks overdue when I went into labour with DS so I'm really not sure. It must be so frustrating to not know for sure what it is :/
    I don't think it's sperm though, it seems to be the wrong colour and consistency even if there is something weird going on with his sperm. I'd say it's either CM or plug (but that's just my uneducated guess).
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I looked! Hehe it's fascinating!
    Looks exactly like mine did! I went in to labour the next day! and I was only 38 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

It looks like what I lost after my first stretch and sweep when I had DS. It took another week and another sweep before labour happened though. But it was a good indication that things were starting as mine was blood streaked as I was already dilating

Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews

Looks like the consistency but mine was pale pink tinged in colour with very thin membrane (blood) in it (sorry that visual is a bit gross and tmi).

Lost mucus plug a few hours after dtd at around 37 weeks. I knew this was the start of labour and had my dd 2 days later