+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The Project, The Australian Party and Homophobia

Bob Katter is certifiable. I mean he is seriously mad.

Not just stupid and offensive like Pauline Hanson. Actually mad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I don't think anybody should be able to marry anymore. It is such a huge social injustice that gays can't get married but straight people are making a joke out of it.
    Lets do commitment ceremonies for everyone and reward couples who stay together for longer than 5 mins. Instead of paying all the outrageous money for weddings they could use the money for counselling and other useful couple things.

Ps Bob Katter is a nutter.

I really enjoyed watching Charlie infuriate Bob in the interview. Lucky it was over video or Charlie would have punched him in the face.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Was shocked at the interview too, what a complete bigoted moron Bob Katter is, how he has any support to be in politics is beyond me. Infuriating idiot!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If you love someone, you love them. Who is anyone to deny the marriage of two people who are in love. Wether it be a man and a man or a woman and a woman?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (25-01-2013),HugsBunny  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I missed it all Can I watch it online or not bother incase I break my computer screne

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm glad I missed it! Sounds like I would have broken the TV here at work!

I recently married my soul mate, who is another female. I call it marriage because I plan to spend the rest of my life with her. I love her more than I ever thought I could and can't see myself ever being without her. We are TTC and that is just one part of an amazing future we have planned together :-)
    Even though what we had was technically a commitment ceremony and we had to register our relationship with BDM, which makes us feel like we are registering dogs with the council, it still meant more to me than I can even describe!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (25-01-2013),Hokey Pokey  (25-01-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why don't you think gays should marry?
    I see it as an 'in the eyes of god' thing so I don't think anyone non-religious should marry. I'd prefer if we had a union or other ceremony and that took over marriage for the general population. Other than that I have no beef with gay union ^__^

Also yeah you can watch it online on the projects site but you may want to sit far away from your screen.
    Last edited by αληθη; 25-01-2013 at 10:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: The Project, The Australian Party and Homophobia

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    I see it as an 'in the eyes of god' so I don't think anyone non-religious should marry.
    We aren't religious, but got married because it has meaning to us. There was no mention of God throughout our ceremony, it wasn't done in a church and we used a celebrant. I don't see why anyone could havs an issue with that, it's love that we wanted to make official, just the same as gay people do.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (25-01-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    We aren't religious, but got married because it has meaning to us. There was no mention of God throughout our ceremony, it wasn't done in a church and we used a celebrant. I don't see why anyone could havs an issue with that, it's love that we wanted to make official, just the same as gay people do.
    It's the name not the ceremony that I have the issue with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    I'm glad I missed it! Sounds like I would have broken the TV here at work!

I recently married my soul mate, who is another female. I call it marriage because I plan to spend the rest of my life with her. I love her more than I ever thought I could and can't see myself ever being without her. We are TTC and that is just one part of an amazing future we have planned together :-)
    Even though what we had was technically a commitment ceremony and we had to register our relationship with BDM, which makes us feel like we are registering dogs with the council, it still meant more to me than I can even describe!
    Congratulations!