+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't tell her, some people might get 'weirded out' that you were dreaming about their husband even if they did die.

just like to add- I wouldn't personally get weirded out but I suppose it depends on the friend.
    Last edited by winterbaby; 24-01-2013 at 17:13.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hmm I seem to be the only morbid b!tch who wouldnt be offended or freaked out if someone told me they dreamt my partner died. I guess I am thinking of it in a different way to most people. I wouldnt tell them if they werent a really really close friend. I know how my close friends would probably react and I doubt any of them would be scarred from hearing it. None of my dreams ever come true anyway, no matter how real they seem.....plus I can usually control my dreams so, now I think of it, I havent actually had anyone die in my dreams.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default If you dreamt that a friend's husband died..

Oh, I wouldn't be offended or freaked out. I place no stock in dreams

I just think it might make for an awkward conversation. But it would really depend on the friend. And the dream!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Hmm I seem to be the only morbid b!tch who wouldnt be offended or freaked out if someone told me they dreamt my partner died. I guess I am thinking of it in a different way to most people. I wouldnt tell them if they werent a really really close friend. I know how my close friends would probably react and I doubt any of them would be scarred from hearing it. None of my dreams ever come true anyway, no matter how real they seem.....plus I can usually control my dreams so, now I think of it, I havent actually had anyone die in my dreams.
    I think people have been answering as to whether they would tell someone else.

As for whether I would mind if someone told me, I wouldn't be offended or freaked out, but again, I wouldn't tell someone if I was the dreamer.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't think dreams should be taken literally, a friends grandma says you actually prolong someone's life if you dream of them dying.

I guess if you think if your friends going to freak out, then don't say anything. Otherwise I don't think it's that much of a big deal. (Unless your psychic!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Losing my DP is my greatest fear, so I wouldn't want to be told - it might just be a dream but it would create so much anxiety for me.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    I think people have been answering as to whether they would tell someone else.
    I know but I am assuming that if people wouldnt tell their friends that that also means they wouldnt want to be told.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would. I regularly tell my friends about my weirdo dreams. I often murder people in my dreams, and i'll tell them about that, too.

Having said that I put no stock in dreams and neither do my friends. And my general crazy dreams are a running joke in our social circle.

Thanks
    Reviews

OMG - I have had a recurring dream this last week that my beautiful SIL had been murdered. I nearly called her today to tell her... It would have freaked her out so I didn't call.

I think the dreams have had more to do with things ending and changing in my life, so I'm confident nothing bad will happen to her.

I have really full on and sometimes terrifying dreams.... I lived near a cemetery once and it took my dreams to a whole new level. Nothing like waking up and feeling mentally exhausted.

I probably wouldn't tell her, unless you really feel that it could come true.

Thanks
    Reviews

Unless you are physic I really can't see the point in telling them.