+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Crying at drop off to daycare

Just wondering if/when little ones generally stop crying b4 daycare? I know separation anxiety is normal. DS 21 months settles quickly (in 5 - 10 mins) but it is incredibly stressful to leave a crying child. DS has been going to the same daycare for about 7 months. Did your little one stop crying at a certain age?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yes, my DS 20 months cries. They say he grows out of it but 6 months later he didn't. It's just habit now and I just drop him off put him on the carpet square and let him cry and say have a good day mummy be back later. It doesn't change, same every day. What has changed in my response to his crying. I'm ok with it now and I know it's just his thing and by the time I have driven away he's happy eating breakfast.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS cried every day and had to be walked outside to distract him by a carer every single day until he was nearly 4. He was always fine within minutes (I'd sneak a look). DD never cried once.

Once he started getting old enough to develop particular friendships he was fine. He's shoot off with his buddy in seconds.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It sure is heart breaking but rest assure once you leave they soon settle

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Yes, my DS 20 months cries. They say he grows out of it but 6 months later he didn't. It's just habit now and I just drop him off put him on the carpet square and let him cry and say have a good day mummy be back later. It doesn't change, same every day. What has changed in my response to his crying. I'm ok with it now and I know it's just his thing and by the time I have driven away he's happy eating breakfast.
    This but she is 29mths old. Tho now every other day I get waved good bye to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have the opposite problem, my son bursts into tears when he sees me come to pick him up, he gets over emotional.. I hope it doesnt last too long

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Crying at drop off to daycare

I think the centre is pretty good. He's always happy and busily playing when we pick him up. DS will scream and cry when either myself or DP leave the house and he can't come for a drive as well. Just so clingy at this age (21 months). Guess he just loves us :-)