+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: How do you work alongside pregnant women while TTC?

Ps, I have my fingers *very* tightly crossed for you, rainbow, and everyone else in the same boat to be celebrating Christmas with a little one this year xxx

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Catkin For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do you work alongside pregnant women while TTC?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkin View Post
    Ps, I have my fingers *very* tightly crossed for you, rainbow, and everyone else in the same boat to be celebrating Christmas with a little one this year xxx

Thanks for sharing ur story catkin, I hate when people ask when is it ur turn-it's such a personal question!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is really hard Chillies, even harder if you have lost one

I never realised how hard it would be to fall pregnant. All my friends just seem to get pregnant by looking at their partners and I just think "why can't it be that easy for the women I talk to on the TTC Thread?" I am constantly seeing bumps and newborns and it breaks my heart. My DP loves seeing babies and points them out to me all the time and I wish he would stop because to me it is a reminder that I am not pregnant and I cannot even imagine being so.

My DP has two younger kids and at the moment I cannot even bring myself to think about them or talk about them as it makes me cry. That may be horrible (they live in another state so I never see them) but I cannot help it just the way my brain is with the whole TTC rollercoaster.

You are not alone... I really hope we all get our babies we so deserve.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post

My DP has two younger kids and at the moment I cannot even bring myself to think about them or talk about them as it makes me cry. That may be horrible (they live in another state so I never see them) but I cannot help it just the way my brain is with the whole TTC rollercoaster.

You are not alone... I really hope we all get our babies we so deserve.
    Thanks Michelle! This quote definitely speaks to me-my DP has youngins too n it just tears me up I never ever have admitted it coz I feel horrid thinking it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I hope you don't mind me posting - I have a DD now but the TTC journey was tough and I can totally relate. I had a miscarriage when 2 other women in my small office were pregnant (one with her first, the other with her fourth), both fell easily and it had taken us 8 months, numerous tests and an operation to get there only to have it taken away. One of the women smoked like a chimney too and I hated her so much for it. It was awful as we constantly got asked when we were having babies, I just wanted to hide! We were extremely lucky to fall pregnant a few months after the miscarriage with DD so our TTC journey had a happy ending.

We're now 7 cycles into TTC #2 and it's still tough. I get very frustrated that it takes so long and with very painful ovulation and painful periods it seems like torture sometimes.

I hope you come back to this thread very soon and update it with a pregnancy announcement

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    So as the title says-how do you work with pregnant women when your TTC? I'm so insanely jealous, angry, annoyed & everything in between! What do you do to nurse your broken heart and still keep it professional? I'm in an open plan office with bumps in full view and baby talk within ear shot and each time my heart breaks a little bit more. I should nearly be 30w now after my loss at 10w...
    I am thankful to say I am not in this position but can understand how heartbreaking it must be for you.

Two of my good friends at work are also trying, one had a mc at 10 weeks last year and it is so sad. She is struggling to fall again.

As much as it will make me a bit sad to see others pregnant, I hope she falls before me as I don't want to hurt her by being pregnant.

It is just so hard. YOu know it isn't their fault, you are happy for them really, but at the same time seeing pregnant people hurts and deflates.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to upforroundtwo For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I hope you don't mind me posting - I have a DD now but the TTC journey was tough and I can totally relate. I had a miscarriage when 2 other women in my small office were pregnant (one with her first, the other with her fourth), both fell easily and it had taken us 8 months, numerous tests and an operation to get there only to have it taken away. One of the women smoked like a chimney too and I hated her so much for it. It was awful as we constantly got asked when we were having babies, I just wanted to hide! We were extremely lucky to fall pregnant a few months after the miscarriage with DD so our TTC journey had a happy ending.

We're now 7 cycles into TTC #2 and it's still tough. I get very frustrated that it takes so long and with very painful ovulation and painful periods it seems like torture sometimes.

I hope you come back to this thread very soon and update it with a pregnancy announcement
    Thanks Cue x The part I hate is u would kill to be in their position meanwhile they're taking it for granted by smoking etc. I hope I have one soon too

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by upforroundtwo View Post
    I don't want to hurt her by being pregnant.

It is just so hard. YOu know it isn't their fault, you are happy for them really, but at the same time seeing pregnant people hurts and deflates.
    This spoke to me-I hate being the girl they have to tiptoe around BUT it's reality n there's no easy way is there? The last bit is so true-u don't begrudge them but u feel like sh!t every time u see them. Such a catch 22

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    Lucky that I only work closely with 1 other woman and she's single and not getting UTD anytime soon. But my SIL and 2 of my cousins who I'm close with all announced they were UTD over Xmas :/ so now I'm dreading any kind of family gathering as or I'll see is bumps
    Ughhh can't get away from it!!! I go on fb-there's announcements, I go to casual dinner n there's bumps or burping bundles! Work was my sanctuary n it's been invaded-just wish it was me!!! Hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: How do you work alongside pregnant women while TTC?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    Ughhh can't get away from it!!! I go on fb-there's announcements, I go to casual dinner n there's bumps or burping bundles! Work was my sanctuary n it's been invaded-just wish it was me!!! Hugs x
    Massive hugs sweetheart. I still feel guilty when I take dd out sometimes as I remember that feeling so painfully well xxx