+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do you work alongside pregnant women while TTC?

I really struggle with this. We've been trying for a while and it's only gotten harder. Today I looked at a lady at work (she's 19 weeks) and thought to myself 'I hate you' which is totally unlike me!! She's just outgrown her uniform and her belly is so perfect and cute in her maternity top. Jealousy can turn you into a crazy woman. This particular lady was the first to announce her pregnancy after my miscarriage so it bites. There is always 3 ladies at work expecting, when one leaves, another announces.

I stopped counting everyone's births/pregnancies last year when it got over 50 I've been lapped by several of my colleagues.

Its even harder to lie when I get asked about it, I just say its not for me, and put up with the criticism. When inside my heart is breaking. Everyone always asks as dh and I have been together almost 14 years and married for close to 5 now. I had a close friend at work tell me the other day she was scared to tell me she was pregnant and I felt awful.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Redlips that's awful!!!

Chillies it's not easy. I find if the baby talk becomes too hard I excuse myself or suddenly find a task I need to do elsewhere.. Or go to the toilet to hide haha!!

On the anniversary if ur due date - spoil yourself. I did and felt it gave me something to look forward to and it helped just to get through the day. Will do the same at the due date of my 2nd angel bubs and I'm getting an angel to add to my pandora bracelet. If u wanted to do something special maybe u could release a balloon or something?

Hope u get a bfp soon xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I had a close friend at work tell me the other day she was scared to tell me she was pregnant and I felt awful.
    This is what else I hate myself for-the awkwardness

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Oh Redlips that's awful!!!

Chillies it's not easy. I find if the baby talk becomes too hard I excuse myself or suddenly find a task I need to do elsewhere.. Or go to the toilet to hide haha!!

On the anniversary if ur due date - spoil yourself. I did and felt it gave me something to look forward to and it helped just to get through the day. Will do the same at the due date of my 2nd angel bubs and I'm getting an angel to add to my pandora bracelet. If u wanted to do something special maybe u could release a balloon or something?

Hope u get a bfp soon xx
    Thank you!! I like the charm idea, it's lovely AND thank god for toilets 😋

Thanks
    Reviews

So I have confided in one of the other ladies at work so she can help direct conversation too. She was really understanding so we'll see how we go this week! I hope all u lovely ladies r going well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

That's a good idea chillies... Let us know how this week goes!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    That's a good idea chillies... Let us know how this week goes!
    I shall munchkin, thank u xox

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Chillies, first of all hugs, it really is sooo hard!! We've been ttc since 2010 & frequently have ladies in our office talking about ttc, actually conceive & obviously go through the pregnancy. At first I found it really hard listening to all the baby things they're doing/getting that I really wanted for myself. I have come to the realisation that I'd want them to be happy for me when my time comes so try to be happy for them too even though some days it is very hard!

To be honest, I've found it easier to be open with people about our ttc issues. At first I used to try & hide it but being honest seems to work for me

The hardest time I experienced was when I returned from work after a week off after having a miscarriage. On the day I came back a girl I work with announces her pregnancy & was due 2 days from my due date. I had to watch the whole pregnancy develop while I had nothing. It was hard to think I should've been that far along etc.

It's such a tough thing & people really don't understand unless they've been ttc for a while & have experienced ye same sort of things.

It will slowly get easier but that takes time too. I just wanted to let u know I totally understand how u feel.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    It will slowly get easier but that takes time too. I just wanted to let u know I totally understand how u feel.
    Thanks for ur post Rocky, agree with everything-I'm sure it will get easier but for now-I will take this quote n repeat it when I'm sittin on the loo to get away from it. Xo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (28-01-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

It's super hard. I'm a nanny, so around babies and pregnant people a lot, too. Every time someone announces a pregnancy I just cry. Even if I know they've been ttc for a long time, I cry. I guess it's not a case of being angry with them, but just desperately wishing it was me. I am not normally a jealous person but I am at the moment.

I don't really know how to handle it- I just go home (or to the toilets) and cry .

It sucks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-01-2013)